Good websites for trying mouthpieces

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by steelxxmikexx, Mar 6, 2010.

1. steelxxmikexx

steelxxmikexx New Friend

Aug 23, 2009
    El Paso
    Hello, i want to try out new mouthpieces for my lead playing. But i don't have any place to go to around here i need to rely on websites to get mouthpieces.

Okay my question is what is a good website that i can use to try out mouthpieces then if i dont like it, i can return it and see if another one soots me?

2. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    most of the major custom mpc makers will work with you, be it Curry , Bob Reeves, Warburton, GR... etc... mouthpieceexpress.com also has an assortment that they'll let you try out, but they charge a restocking fee for trials (10% I think).

I'd use mouthpieceexpress for the Bach/Shilke/Kanstul (mass produced) pieces, and get the other stuff direct from the manufacturer. A lot of times the guys that make these pieces can help you narrow down your choices. I know Mark Curry, Terry Warburton and Gary Radke are all EXTREMELY knowledgeable and more than willing to help.
    In my experience, it's always best to talk with someone where ordering from so you both have an understanding about the return policy.

3. steelxxmikexx

steelxxmikexx New Friend

Aug 23, 2009
    El Paso
    Thanks dude. I was thinking about using that website but just wasn't so sure about it. It seems like a good site, and the mouthpieces i want to try out are all there. :D