Goodbye TM, Hello Iraq

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Castle Bravo, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    As many of you may already know, there are a few posters on the TM who reside in Bamberg, Germany, as members of the 1st Infantry Division Band. We have known for some time that we would be deploying to Iraq for 1 year sometime in Feb'04, and my friends, the time has come. In less than 72 hrs we will be on our way to Iraq, and on behalf of Jarrett and Rob I would like to thank all of you for the wild TM ride. It has been fun, I hope to reconnect to cyberspace soon, but there is no guarantee that will be possible.
    FreshBrewed will be our lifeline back in Germany, and he will keep the fort 'nailed down' for us. :lol: Thanx to Leigh McKinney, Bruce Lee, Noel Langley and all the guys at the FCB shoppe for your friendship and professional service and advice, it was nice meeting you and we'll have one helluva throwdown in about 1 year's time.
    Play hard, love music, and love thy neighbor.... [​IMG] :shock:

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    the north philly ghetto
    God speed, stay safe!

3. Thevor

Thevor Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2003
    Next to the Volcano
    Take care guys, you'll be in our hearts and prayers..... keep your heads low and shoot straight.

Hopefully there's going to be an open invition to the party in one year, I don't think its one I'd want to miss in a million years, it'll be a doosy.

Be safe,

George Johnson

4. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    You will be remembered in our prayers. God Bless!!
    Roy

5. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    Be safe!

6. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    Hey Gary,

Is there any truth to the rumor that you're getting your dream job...carrying the "football" (nuclear code briefcase) for "W"??? :shock:

Remember...you're not Slim Pickens...riding that puppy "down" in the end of Dr. Strangelove!!! :lol:

Be well my friend. God's protection.

7. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi,

Please be careful and get back safely!

Tom

8. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    I'll echo that sentiment. Thanks alot guys, I've learned a ton about the trumpet in the last years through the TH and ultimately TM. Try not to worry, and pray for the hearing of all those we contact :). Thanks for the fun guys.
    -Jarrett

9. BachMan

BachMan Pianissimo User

Dec 9, 2003
    Good Luck!

Stay Safe!

10. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Jarrett, Gary, Mike, and All of the Bamberg Eclipse and Non-Eclipse Brigade,

GOD SPEED!

May your time in the "sand box" fly by like the wind. We'll keep you ALL in our prayers!

Be well, and stay in touch, my friends!

Best always,
    Bruce