Got my Trumpet Signed

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RX-2Fan, Oct 19, 2008.

1. RX-2Fan

RX-2Fan Pianissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Tampa FL
    Hey everyone

I recently got my Trumpet signed by Arturo Sandoval. I would like to put some sort of sealent on top weather it be a spray on clear coat. I just want to make sure it wont damage the finish on the horn or the signature.

Thanks

2. RX-2Fan

RX-2Fan Pianissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Tampa FL
    if anyone could tell me of a good sealent that would be great

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    RX2,
    if you like the playing characteristics of the horn, write the manufacturer for a suggestion, or contact somebody like Josh Landress or Charlie Melk. If you try a DIY method and aren't happy, the finish and the signature may have to go................

4. RX-2Fan

RX-2Fan Pianissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Tampa FL
    Its a Bach TR300, the signature is in the bell. i just wana seal it cause i may have to use it for a few more days. once i have a different trumpet im mounting this one for display.

5. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Your local music store may have some junk bells lying around to test different coatings (if you know what kind of marker or pen he used). The store I used to work for did this for an autographed mandolin (we found a junk guitar for the test), and it was really a crap shoot as to how things would react with the ink and the existing finish. I wouldn't try it without a simulation.

6. RX-2Fan

RX-2Fan Pianissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Tampa FL
    thanks for the suggestion didnt think of that, he used a sharpi.