Got to record with Terrence Blanchard for a new movie. "Little Rootie Tootie"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sounds7, Oct 26, 2013.

1. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Ok I know he wrote a tune by that name. The movie will be a story about a young black trumpet player and his director and he gets discovered at a Mingus competition. The film shows the highs and lows and the pitfalls of the business. The Final scene which is when the young man plays in Lincoln Center and makes it to fame while the cut away scene shows his director institutionalized in a mental hospital losing his mind. Sounds like a mix of Hollands Opus and the Dexter Gordon Movie "Round Midnight" the arrangement twists and turns arounds some heavy emotion and fades away with dissonance.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Brian, I just got word from my Harrelson rep that Jason's production schedule has been MOVED UP since he has moved his operation to Colorado. I was just told by the rep that my Summit will be ready very soon, well before the original January finish date. If you are having concerns about your delivery, PM me and I will forward this to the person working for me with Jason. We need to get your Summit to you soon.

3. rockwell

rockwell Pianissimo User

Dec 6, 2011
    Congratulations! Heard some great music at Snug Harbor on my one and only trip to NO. Hope to return some day.