Graduating soon, looking to buy trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by daniel117, Oct 16, 2012.

1. daniel117

daniel117 Pianissimo User

Jun 28, 2012
    Hello fellow members of TM, I will be graduating soon and my school trumpet will be taken from me soon.

Yamaha Xeno with inverted main valve slide

I was hoping to see if any members here would be willing to sell me some used trumpets that you don't need anymore. My budget it very limited here since i'm in high school so the highest i can go would be $1500

i don't really care too much if it's silver or brass. I'm just looking for something that sounds mildly good

2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    A used Bach Stradivarius would likely cost you between $800 and $1200, well within your budget. Maybe a few Xeno's as well in that same price range. Check our your local Craigslist, as well as the marketplace here on TrumpetMaster.

Mike

3. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
  4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    $1500? Okay. I have an Olds Ambassador that I will sell you for that! I will even throw in a Pinto!!! G-ManĀ® Thinks it's a pro horn....,so...... Let me know!

5. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I'll pay you $1500 for that Olds Ambassador. But if you throw in the Pinto, I'm only willing to give you $900. :-)

Mike

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Okay, the Pinto stays!

7. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    do you want a new trumpet or a vintage trumpet? do you desire an orchestra trumpet or a solo or lead type trumpet?
    if you go to the market place you will see i have an excellent Martin Custom Committee 1960 vintage in tricolor, with
    the reverse lead pipe and a red brass bell. It is good for blending in synphony or with the change of a mouthpiece
    zooming into the stratosphere. it is a .458 bore. an excellent buy. i am only asking what i have in it and will throw
    in a case and a mp of your choice. best regards anyway. I agree you can find a Xeno on Ebay in that range.
    They are excellent trumpets.

8. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I have a vintage Wm. Frank American Prep trumpet for sale. It's not what most people would consider a "proffesional" horn, but it plays extremely well. I'd be asking quite a bit under $1500 too.

Kujo

9. veery715

veery715 Fortissimo User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    daniel117,

What are your post-graduation plans? Will you be attending college? How does the trumpet figure in your plans? These are important considerations which will help dictate what you do in picking up a new instrument. If you like the Xeno you should be able to find a gently used one for that. Also, if you like the horn which was on loan from the school, perhaps they'd sell it to you - if you asked.