Graduation

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Ai_Dygress, May 16, 2005.

1. Ai_Dygress

Ai_Dygress Pianissimo User

Apr 1, 2005
    IL
    Well, I know its that time of year, and most people who are graduating are doing the big HS graduation, or 4 year.

I'm doing the 2 year AAS in Comp Sci graduation, infact... in about 10 hours. Then, on to a 4 year institution (or nut house if my schedule is anything like the past 2 years).

Anyways, just thought I would congratulate all the upcoming Graduates.. you've come along way and kicked some butt. Good job! and.. Good luck in the future!

-----
    I still wanna be John Wayne when I grow up. :dontknow:

Chris

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Congratulations! You worked hard for it and you earned it. Keep us posted on which 4 year school you are going to go to, and what you are doing with your trumpet playing.

3. Ai_Dygress

Apr 1, 2005
    IL
    DePaul University, Doing the fun CompSci Networking Security and Assurance program :twisted:

As for trumpet playing, I now have the summer to actually attempt learning this thing and try to find a half decent private instructor.. :D

I did 66 credits in under 2 years, where 12 credits a semester = full time.

Thus... 48 would have been done, normally in 2 years... my brain aches, and my current position on all topics is ...... :?:

4. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Congrats, Good luck at DePaul

5. Ai_Dygress

Apr 1, 2005
    IL
    Thanks, am crossing my fingers that they give me enough grants so I don't need as many loans.

I wish we could figure out away to make colleges mandintory for public like k-12 is/supposed to be.

Then noone could complain about not have higher ed, and we can get the government to pay our bill..*mutters* I mean, I'm not going to have social security if things go the way they currently are, they could at least pay my school bills :evil:

6. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    I know what you mean. I have to take out loans for school, because being an upper-middle class white male, you don't get too many grants. But, I guess it's worth it in the end

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Not only that, but if governments continue what has been started with United Airlines.... allowing the company to dissolve it's pension plan to keep them out of bankruptcy and not forcing corporations to have FULLY FUNDED plans, .... you won't even be able to count on that form of "putting it away for old age". I see a market in shovels, soup cans, socks and mattresses but a lot of messed up back yards and lumpy beds in the not-too-distant future.

8. Yoder

Yoder Piano User

Aug 2, 2004
    Digital Domain
    Yea, I just found out that my 12 year old daughter was asked to play piano music for the processional at this years graduation. They asked me to have her play slow/appropriate music. We will come up with a good play list, but I am pretty excited to see my daughter up there playing for all the "big kids." :D

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Good for her, Yoder. It's always wonderful when educators are smart enough to recognize talent and hard work this way. I remember how proud I was when my daughter was asked to sit in and help out with the Wind Orchestra for the University graduation ceremonies two years before she'd graduated H.S.

Cudos to you too for helping her "along the way".

10. Ai_Dygress

Apr 1, 2005
    IL
    Great balls of fire....definitely, must have! She'll rock that processional