Great concert last night

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by MGTrumpet, Jul 30, 2006.

1. MGTrumpet

MGTrumpet New Friend

Nov 18, 2004
    Maple Grove, MN
    Manny,

I really enjoyed your concert last night.

Meyers made the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto look easy.

I loved the Shostakovich. You sounded wonderful! That must be a real joy to lead a brass section of that caliber. I was even breathing deeply at the end of the fourth movement. Wow!

Was that an E-flat you were playing? What a great sounding horn.

My son, Michael, had tickets for us. It made me realize that it's been far too long since we've attended a live concert. For big groups, that is such a wonderful hall for listening and playing.

I really like the risers that you are on. It makes it so much easier when you're not having to blow into the backs of others.

Thanks for a great concert.

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dear MG,

Hey, thanks for coming to the show :-) Yes, a musical joy of my life is bringing the boys and girls in at the end of a piece like that. It's the closest feeling I'll ever have to the "Okay, folks... we're goin' in!" that a fighter pilot might have. It's too much fun

I was using my Monette Prana XLT C trumpet. Litton loves this brass section and I enjoy working with him. He lets us go a little crazy on occasion and this was one of those occasions!

The next time I'll be using my Eb, which is a brass colored horn not silver , will be for the Rite of Spring when we do it in September. Hope you can make it.

Again, thanks for coming.

ML

3. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I use the Eb trumpet for the D trumpet part on the Rite of Spring. I would love to put in some shakes during the "Cortage Du Sage" :cool: That passage is like playing lead in a big band. I love it! I have to thank William Vacchiano for encouraging me to leave the piccolo trumpet in the case for this one.
    Wilmer

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Hey, don't forget the complete Firebird! We get to put one in at the end of the Infernal Dance along with the first 'bone. I wonder why it's not in either of the suites, though.

Yup, Vacchiano was the one who suggested it to me, too, Wilmer. I never would have thought of it!

ML