Great news!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by mheffernen5, Sep 5, 2004.

1. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Great News! A parent e-mailed me rather randomly and asked me to help get the child a trumpet so I helped them. I have another success story, a while back a mom over on TGI, wanted to buy a 9 year old a Weimar trumpet and I said no so I recomended an Olds Ambassador and she got one and I'm still waiting to hear more about it.

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Thank God! It should be a crime to try to peddle that garbage. Have you seen the shinola that they are selling at Wal Mart for guitars? They had this junk, two humbucker guitar that they were selling for $159.

$159???!?!?!?!?!!!!!

It's supposed to look like a Gibson Les Paul. The sad thing is that you can go to Guitar Center and get a pretty respectable Fender Squier Stratocaster for that kind of money that would totally blow that P.O.S. out of the water.

Like I said, it should be a crime.

Good job in recommending the Olds. They will be happy with that. They would NOT have been happy with that other horn.

3. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Hello! This is Molly. The parent e-mailed and told me that she got her son a YTR 2320 for $150.00 instead of a junk trumpet...Now I will be getting my band director a student trumpet...

4. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Molly, I never saw what you bought for yourself. What was it?

Dave