Great warm-up

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Deecy, May 8, 2006.

1. Deecy

Deecy Pianissimo User

Aug 8, 2005
    NYC
    For me, anyway. In my collection of twenty five million music books I came across one called, Frank Simon presents the famous Herman Bellstedt jr. Twelve Famous Technical studies (sic)
    Cover price is $1.50, so it OLD.
    It contains, slurring exercises, enharmonic fingering, staccato attacks, chord progressions and chromatics (Allo con fuoco!), Glissandos, Octaves and harmonics, and five more, including something called "Velocity", for a total of twelve.
    It's all in 14 pages, and some every day turns out to be a great warm up!

2. thefish1

thefish1 New Friend

Dec 3, 2005
    North Royalton, OH
    Great Warm Up . . .

Hi, I'd like to know more about this "Great Warm Up" that you posted here on TM . How much would it cost me for a copy of it and any shipping costs? It's always good to have a Great Warm Up! Please advise and thank you.

thefish1
    [email protected]

3. thefish1

thefish1 New Friend

Dec 3, 2005
    North Royalton, OH
    Great Warm Up . . .

Thanks, Tony G.

4. DonJuanTrompeta

DonJuanTrompeta New Friend

Apr 12, 2005
    That was very useful. I will take some of that and show it to my students.

5. Deecy

Deecy Pianissimo User

Aug 8, 2005
    NYC
    Wow, Allchops! That was quick. I had no idea it was still available. You've saved me a lot of copying and mailing. Thanks!

I must say, doing the little half-page of slurs two or three times as the first thing has increased my endurance and intonation tremendously. They only go up to G above the staff but I'm not a screamer anyway, and I'm sure one could continue them on up. For some reason I seem to hear better if the enharmonic fingerings are out of tune - go figure. Even my low Db is better!

Best,

6. ALLCHOPS

ALLCHOPS Piano User

Nov 14, 2003
    Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
    GOOGLE BABY!

7. terpfan0512

terpfan0512 New Friend

May 24, 2005
    Bellstedt Technical Studies

The Bellstedt Technical Studies are available from Charles Colin Publishing at www.charlescolin.com.

I especially like exercise 11 (entitled "Breath Control") for fingering and flexibility.

Scott