Greetings from England

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by DCritch, Jul 24, 2017.

1. BrassBandMajor

BrassBandMajor Fortissimo User

Jan 13, 2015
    South Korea - short stay
    Grade 8 syllabus for trumpet consists of many different kinds of pieces for the examinee to choose.
    The A list usually being Classical pieces, B list mostly more contemporary or selected for cornet & C list consisting variety of studies.
    In the spectrum of pieces, they are the challenging ones and the easier ones.

Rickyroughneck likes this.
  2. DCritch

DCritch New Friend

Apr 11, 2017
    No I haven't. I would have loved to have been part of it, but it's simply too expensive. We're talking 4 figure amounts here in terms of cost.

3. Evie

Evie New Friend

Jul 26, 2017
    Bologna, Italy
    Please forgive my curiosity, but why Maths and Music? It's a rather unusual combination - what would you like to do at the end of your degree? And welcome by the way, and good luck with your studies :)

4. Brassman64

Brassman64 Piano User

May 13, 2017
    Torrance,California
    Welcome to TM DC . Keep on working hard .Playing on a daily basis will help to build your range and endurance.

5. DCritch

DCritch New Friend

Apr 11, 2017
    Music because I love performing and composition and I can definitely see myself continuing further with both of them. The bleak career choices after obtaining a Music degree is what made me pick Maths along side it; Maths leads me to a vast number of career paths. Plus, I also love Maths as well and I don't see myself dropping it anytime soon. Since it's a joint honours degree, I'd ideally like to keep both subjects right up until the end of university.

curlydoc likes this.
  6. gwood66

gwood66 Pianissimo User

Dec 21, 2015
    South of Chicago
    Welcome