Greetings - Monette LT 2000

Discussion in 'Horns' started by heik, Sep 28, 2005.

1. heik

heik New Friend

Sep 28, 2005
    Brazil
    Dear Mr. L,

We never oficially met but we were together at the MOnette clinic back in 1999. I was one of Charlie's former students playing excerpts and trumpet ensembles during his Masterclass along with Dave Bamonte, MAtt Sonneborn and others. I had a blast at your presentation (starting on Mahler 3rd) there. Really amazing playing!!
    Anyhow, I have been reading your excellent articles on this forum and decided to join in!

I have a first question for you and it is regarding the LT 2000 C trumpet. You know, I am a Raja Samadhi and Raja 2 player (I actually trying to sell my Samadhi at this moment) and I am curious to know how the LT plays. I would apreciatte any help you can give me on that.

Oh, btw, my name is Heinz Karl Schwebel.

2. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Heinz,
    I don't know much about the 2000 LT, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your CD, Policromo. Awesome playing!!!
    -Jimi

3. heik

heik New Friend

Sep 28, 2005
    Brazil
    Hi Jimi,
    wow, thanks for the feedback on my CD. I am glad you liked it! But how did you come to know about it? Do you know Charlie?

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Heik,

The 200LT will feel like a toy after playing Raja but everyone needs toys, right? As long as you don't try to make it sound like a big, heavy instrument and enjoy its lightness, you may like it.

What mouthpiece does the Raja Samadhi have?

ML

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Manny, this is probably going to sound like a pretty dumb question, but which Monette trumpets are you currently using?

I know that you play Monettes, but I can't for the life of me recall actually knowing which ones you use. :oops:

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    A great variety, Patrick.

The C I'm using most of all is the STC Prana with a mouthpiece I'm testing for Dave called the C14 "Slap" which has one of the most interesting cup designs I've ever seen. You'd have to see it to know what I mean but I think It's going to become a very popular mouthpiece. I have several other C's that I've bought throughout the years that I won't resell because of their sentimental value and also the fact that they are still sensational horns.

The Bb I use most is the old 937 and then my Ajna I Bb which is so rich , it's fantastic.

I have an Eb that I bought last year from Mike Thompson that is the most beautiful butery sounding Eb I've ever played. Some of the other Minnesotans on the forum have heard it, so, you can ask them. I really love it and need to make more excuses to play it.

I have several others in D and Eb but the C gets the most use after my Bb.

ML

7. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Manny, I'm envious, although I seriously doubt if my skilz on the horn are to the point where I could take full advantage of any of the horns you own and use.

Back to the original subject, I would love to try a 2000LT, just to shake it out and see how well I would like it for what I play. My fear is that I would REALLY like it, and then I'd have to figure out a way to buy one! :D

Hmmmm, lets see...I could sell my other horns, my drums, my children....well, maybe not the kids. ;-)

8. heik

heik New Friend

Sep 28, 2005
    Brazil
    greetings - monette 2000LT

Hi Mr. L,
    thanks for the info. I think what I am trying to figure out is how light it is in comparison to a conventional trumpet like Bach´s for example. Is it that light?

Yeah, I know it will feel extremely light compared to the Raja or the Samadhi but, i think it might be interesting to have both extremes available to me instead of two horns that a really close to one another.

The samadhi has a C11 mouthpiece with a very large throat (1 or 2)! That is exactly why I was trying to sell it. Dave made it a bit too big for me. Now it is going back to the shop so Dave can figure out how to help me with that.

John Alley tried it out the other day and was amazed by the horn!

Anyway, I tried to catch your Petrouschka last Friday but missed out. I will try again this week.

Best,
    HeinzKarl.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    If you're in the Baltimore, MD area ever, Baltimore Brass Company has two used 2000LT's, one in silver and one in raw brass. They're both really great! I like them much better than my old STC 1.

10. loudog

loudog Piano User

Jan 4, 2004
    Grand Island, NE
    Man, I've got a Chicago C that I LOVE!!

BUT: I tried the 2000LT C at ITG last summer in Denver, and was KNOCKED OUT by it. It was the best C trumpet I've ever played. I'd love one. How much is Baltimore Brass selling them for? I'm in State College, PA right now, which is pretty close.

Hey peabodytrumpeter...are you student of Langston Fitzgerald's up there at Peabody? He's my teacher here at Penn State.

Louie