Growing Pains - for all of us

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Alex Yates, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Daily OM

January 3, 2006
    Growing Pains
    Initiations For Growth

Life is about growth, which is wonderful, though not always easy. Indeed, many of life's lessons can be painful or difficult. Yet, such challenges are often the ones that present the most opportunity for spiritual growth. Initiations for growth come in many forms. In fact, we can view every challenge in life as an opportunity to learn and grow. While these disruptions in life are not easy, they are necessary.

The challenges the universe sends us can seem unbearable at times: a job we don't want to spend another day at, a broken heart that feels as if it will never heal, or a long and painful illness. And then, there are the challenges that can be just as scary because we are being called to step up to the plate in ways that we may think we are not yet ready for: overcoming our fears in order to realize a lifelong dream, leaving behind a situation or people in our life that we may have outgrown, or moving across the world for our dream job or life partner.

At such times, it can feel as if the world is testing us and that life is asking more of us than we think we can give. We may feel uncomfortable, frightened, and unsure of what to do. However, life isn't so much going against us as it is encouraging us to grow. During these periods, we can grow stronger by putting one foot in front of the other, as we work through our challenges. We may be asked to let go of old safety measures, shift old patterns of behavior, or step into the abyss of the unknown. When we do rise to the occasion, we end up better off for having made that journey. Not only do we end up learning and growing, but we inevitably become more compassionate to the challenges of others and wiser in the ways of the world. Our faith in the universe also grows because, ultimately, we can't help but realize how much we are supported and taken care of at all times. When we are in the midst of a growing period, it is not easy to see our reward, but it is there, waiting for us to grow big enough to reach it!

2. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Very beautiful Alex. Wise thoughts indeed.

Please continue to share your insights with us. It's much appreciated.

... in my oppinion, you kick Dr. Phil's butt!!!

3. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Cuter than Dr. Phil, she is....

;-)

4. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    perceptive yoda is.
    ;-) ;-)

5. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Truth...fear...pain...sorrow. These teach us we are alive, and are not all beautiful; neither are all things bad (pain of childbirth certainly is severe, but what comes of it?)

There is great beauty and great ugliness. To fully appreciate the world and the universe, we must be accepting of that and not turn our heads and shy away from the brutality of existance. Life was created under the harshest and most brutal circumstance; it must destroy itself to survive.

Read my signature!

6. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Awwww.....you guys are so sweet to me. It is appreciated more than you can ever know. (whew...glad to know I don't resemble Dr. Phil....LOL)

I have been in some of the dark places that this post mentions, but I didn't post it only for me....it is for all of us. It is difficult to reach our dreams or our goals at times. I moved across the ocean for my dream and left a lot of what I loved behind in order to pursue my dream. I have been in those moments where you just want to throw the trumpet on the ground and stomp it a few times, but never did. I just wanted to post this in support of all of us on all levels who pursue what they love.....in this case, it is our trumpet and our music. NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER! NONE OF YOU! NO MATTER WHAT! I know many of you get frustrated with the process. I guess I put up this post to support all of you. We are here to help each other get there.

:grouphug:

7. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Very true Glenn. I'm reminded of this often when my wife watches Animal Planet. She loves to see the baby animals being born in the wild (etc, etc)... but then she gets very upset to see them being hunted by other animals. Disney said it best, "circle of life"....

Nature is neither good, bad, beautiful, ugly or cruel... it's our own eyes, minds and hearts that define its course. This could open up a can of worms (or dragons) ... but much can be said about the complex dance between nature and God ...

oh boy... better get ready huh? :shock:

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    No arguments from this direction, Rogerio. "It is what it is".

9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Ditto Toots, Rogerio, Glenn.

Glenn, I have always liked your signature. Einstein is da man.

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I was going to add.... we rented a bunch of videos to watch over the Holidays and one of them was titled "March of the Penguins". It is a documentary about the Emperor Penguin's journey across the ice of Antarctica to the breeding grounds, the survival requirements there, and then follows the chicks back to the water's edge where they may get snapped up by leopard seals. It's done up in a kind of hokey, "chic-flic" style (guaranteed to bring tears to the eyes of the estrogen-enhanced viewers) but still it's very well done. I actually managed to watch the whole thing right to the final credits! Lots of drama, pathos, tragedy and hope for the future.