Growl!! (how do you do it?)

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bumblebee, Apr 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    No, not Catholic. They don't have the market on stifling. Plenty of folks givin' them a run for their money! ;-);-);-) I got to visit Saint Isaacs in St. Petersburg, Russia in '93. Trumpet would sound awesome in there.:thumbsup:

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I've played in the Garrison Church at The Rocks in Sydney - Australia's oldest Church, I think. Not a Cathedral - but Sydney sandstone and it does have a Cathedral ceiling - Stage Band (c/w six trumpets) playing Christmas Carols with 50-60 kids singing - glorious. No growling required. :cool:

3. ruling

ruling New Friend

Apr 24, 2011
    The Monadnocks, NH
    My login 'ruling' is short for Russian linguist. (I served in USN surface, subsurface, and aviation reconnaissance during the Cold War, and as a Serbo-Croatian linguist when Yugoslavia blew up.)

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Wow! That's pretty cool!

Если я когда-нибудь вернуться, я дам вам вызов. Мы будем принимать наши трубы!

Have a great day:thumbsup:!

5. leftmid7

leftmid7 Mezzo Piano User

Sep 21, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    Well, had to growl last night for a chart so I actually paid attention to what I was doing, I most definitely was fluttering my tongue but not proper 'flutter tonguing' if that makes sense. It was lower, pressed against the bottom of my mouth and was almost a by- product of my throat growling as well.

6. ruling

ruling New Friend

Apr 24, 2011
    The Monadnocks, NH
    Было интересной работой.

Будет долгим временем прежде чем я удобн с моей трубой в публике. Я начинаю сверх снова после 35 лет. Arrrggggg.

Хорошего успеха!

Topic drift.

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    35 years isn't so bad......

You will be back in public in no time.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    It doesn't take too long to get back in playing shape.
    Вы будете делать хорошо. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Quote (translated for we dummies)
    It was interesting work.

Will be a long time before I'm comfortable with my pipe in public. I'm starting over again after 35 years.
    Arrrggggg.

Good luck!
    Unquote

See if you can join a Community Band - the sooner you mix with other musicians; the sooner you get your balance together in an ensemble. This gives you the construct of the arrangement - and where the trumpet sits in that arrangement, and it all begins to make sense.

You can 'hide a little' in Community Bands until you get your "Trumpet Legs" for individual public exposure.:thumbsup:

10. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    There - brought it back on-topic for you. :-)

--bumblebee

tedh1951 likes this.