Guitar Center has been sold.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetMD, Apr 9, 2014.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That's true! I read it on the web!

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    [​IMG]

3. WyldeBill66

WyldeBill66 Pianissimo User

Dec 13, 2008
    Salinas,CA
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet"

-Abraham Lincoln

4. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I read once that Abraham Lincoln liked to Facebook stalk Jefferson Davis.

Mike

5. WannaScream

WannaScream Pianissimo User

Nov 27, 2013
    Retail chains and big box stores can, and do, go out of business (Borders, Circuit City, etc.). They leave a lot of people holding the (empty) bag when they do, from employees to suppliers to commercial real estate. The private equity investors walk away with all the money, first.

Guitar Center, well, so what. As a guitar player as well, I've been in there. Lots of cheap guitars that aren't even set up properly, and for premium brands like Martin, my local music store has better prices. WWBW I hold my nose to buy small things they have in stock, but I wouldn't buy a horn from there. I tried once, and they sent me a wrong, cheaper model that was 5 years old- TWICE! They made it right, but customer service is more than fixing your mistakes.

6. MiragePilot

MiragePilot New Friend

May 2, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    I had a similar experience with WWBW late last year when I tried to buy a NEW Schilke B2 from them. Not once, but twice they sent me a B2 that was over 5 yrs old and had definitely been played/used by multiple people (based on the numerous shipping address labels on the box, opened/torn envelope containing the manufacturers warranty, and obvious signs of use on the instrument, etc.) And, as in your case, the Customer Service Dept. provided a full refund. I ended up getting the instrument from Dillons (highly recommended).
    I definitely wouldn't buy a new trumpet from WWBW.

Peter

7. Pinstriper

Pinstriper Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2013
    Portlandia
    yoink