GVSU Trumpet Seminar 2008

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by impaulm, Feb 6, 2008.

1. impaulm

impaulm New Friend

Apr 20, 2006
    Mesa, Az
    Announcing the 4th annual

GVSU INTERNATIONAL SUMMER TRUMPET SEMINAR
    JULY 20-27, 2008

with Special Guest Artist Vince DiMartino
    and The DRUM & BRASS

Guest Artists and Faculty
    Dan Patrylak ( Former Solo Cornet Presidents Own, Former Prof. and Director Eastman School, Founder of The Eastman Brass)
    Matthias Kamps (Assoc. Principal Opera Komische Berlin)
    Zhonghui Dai (Principal Trumpet, China National Symphony)
    Bert Langenkamp ( Associate Principal Trumpet, Concertgebouw Orchestra, Amsterdam)
    Erden Bilgen (Soloist, Ankara Turkey)
    Paul Heuer ( Freelance Artist, Dallas Tx)
    Jean Libs ( Freelance Artist and Pedagogue, Ann Arbor Mi)
    Greg Alley (Former Solo Cornet, The West Point Army Band)
    Richard Stoelzel ( Artistic Director Summer Seminar and Prof of Trumpet GVSU, Yamaha International Artist, soloist)

This seminar, geared toward high school and college students, is a week of intense masterclasses and rehearsals, with concerts to be enjoyed each night.
    Warm up each morning with a different guest artist to learn some of their basic concepts, as well as perform in student trumpet ensembles.

The Best Part: Tuition: $325
    Room/ Board $225

More information will be posted soon, along with a link to our new website.

2. impaulm

impaulm New Friend

Apr 20, 2006
    Mesa, Az
    Hello Everyone,
    Our website is now up!
    Visit us at: Grand Valley State University Trumpet Studio

We are also considering an audit rate for those people older than High School or College and still would like to attend. This rate would include access to any event, but only as an observer.

Would anyone be interested in this?
    Please ask any questions you may have.
    Thanks,
    Paul Mueller

3. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

I am certain that I will be interested in auditing those sessions, as will several of my other senior citizen trumpeters.

OLDLOU>>

4. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Wish I could make it... It's a real treat to have such talent in "our own backyard!"

Maybe next year!

5. impaulm

impaulm New Friend

Apr 20, 2006
    Mesa, Az
    For any adults interested in Auditing the seminar, costs will be $25 daily, or $100 for the entire seminar. This will enable you to enter any event, rehearsal, or concert at the seminar, but only as an observer. Please PM or email me if you are interested in this, as the website registration does not have the "Audit" option.
    Thanks, and please ask me any questions you may have.
    Paul Mueller
    [email protected]

6. impaulm

impaulm New Friend

Apr 20, 2006
    Mesa, Az
    The daily schedule is now up for the seminar! It can be viewed here: Grand Valley State University Trumpet Studio
    This looks like it is going to be a great seminar this year. Monday is a Yamaha Day. Bob Malone will be in speaking about trumpet design, manufacture and care, and it will be followed by trials of the Yamaha line of instruments. You can even purchase them there, and have Malone help tweak it to your specifications.
    Please go take a look!

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  7. impaulm

impaulm New Friend

Apr 20, 2006
    Mesa, Az
    Hello Everyone,
    The GVSU seminar is almost here and I want to let everyone know that there are still a few spots available to students who are interested!
    We have students across the country and world signed up to participate. From China, and Turkey, New York, California, Kansas, Pennsylvania, Florida, Michigan and more, this is shaping up to be the very best seminar at Grand Valley yet!
    With recitals and masterclasses by Dan Patrylak, Vince DiMartino, Bob Malone, Zhonghui Dai, Erden Bilgen, Matthias Kamps, and others you should NOT pass up this opportunity to attend!
    Please email me or send a pm if you are interested,
    Thanks!
    Paul Mueller
    Assistant Director
    GVSU International Trumpet Seminar