H.N White. why so cheap?

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by rbdeli, Jun 25, 2009.

1. rbdeli

rbdeli Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2009
    CO
  2. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    no.

3. Indian

Indian Piano User

Jul 30, 2006
    South East
    Many H. N. White horns are very valuable. The solid silver belled SilverTone and SilverSonic Super 20s and Libertys are valuable as are some of their cornets like the solid silver belled SilverTone and SilverSonic Super 20s and Masters. Unfortunate the Master trumpet is not one of the preferred King horns. Not a bad horn but not in the same caliber so to speak. If it was an early SilverTone Master cornet in excellent shape you have seen the bids a flying up into the high hundreds. To get a great horn on eBay you have to know your stuff, be patient and more importantly LUCKY !!!!!!!!! ... LOL

4. rbdeli

rbdeli Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2009
    CO
    thanks for the explanation.

That's a pretty nice list of trumpets you have.

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Interesting in the eBay post: never heard of a King Master model, but the missing first valve, etc, should be easy to fix. Seems like an information conflict.

v

6. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

As much as I respect Veery's opinion on most things, I have to disagree with him on the simplicity of obtaining a replacement first valve for that old Master Model Trumpet. They were not overly popular in the days of their manufacture and their collectability is even lower. This means that very few of them remain to be canabilised for spare parts. In my mind, that old King is just that, a source for spare parts. This means that the selling price at auction will resultantly be low.

OLDLOU>>

7. Indian

Indian Piano User

Jul 30, 2006
    South East
    Thanks Much, a partial list. I just can't seem to stop buying old horns. The doctors say I am a deeply troubled musician with symptoms indicating a multiple personallity disorder where my personalities fight over if I am a trumpet or cornet player. They think it started when I smashed up a Bundy trumpet in grade school.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  8. rbdeli

rbdeli Mezzo Piano User

May 8, 2009
    CO
    Your doctor is nuts. If you have multiple personalities, obviously you NEED multiple horns. Not to feed your disorder, but I didn't notice a Martin among your list of vintage horns. I thought all multiple vintage horn owners had one of those. ;)

What do you think of that Conn Coprion? I always kind of lusted for that copper-looking bell.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  9. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    What do you think of that Conn Coprion? I always kind of lusted for that copper-looking bell.[/QUOTE]

Copper looking? That is real, nearly pure scrap copper that was electroplated onto a mandrel. It is the real thing.

OLDLOU>>

10. Indian

Indian Piano User

Jul 30, 2006
    South East

LOL ... There are two horns I am still craving ... The first is an early Martin. The second is a Vega Power Model with the Art Deco engraving .... OOOOOOHHH AAAAHHHHHHH