Had my first recording session today. What do I need to start recording my own tracks

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by centerofaTONEment, Mar 4, 2012.

1. centerofaTONEment

centerofaTONEment New Friend

Mar 3, 2010
    Recorded with an independent label today. This inspired me to do my own tracks. Id never really heard a playback of myself, but it was nice.

2. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Re: Had my first recording session today. What do I need to start recording my own tr

A recording device and microphone(s).

Turtle

3. BustedChops

BustedChops Mezzo Forte User

Oct 1, 2011
    Re: Had my first recording session today. What do I need to start recording my own tr

Cool..Did you get to use any tube gear to record? It's all about the analogue and tubes.

4. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US

How about a Recording? The trumpet!

5. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC

Congrats on your CD tracks. I recorded tracks last year for a CD and it felt awkward not being in the middle of the band as it was happening. But, I'm really pleased now that the CD is out. The sound is fine and I have my name and photo on the cover for posterity. I feel good that the trumpet track of " Overdue Love Song " by F.O.G. is my interpretation of the ballad.