Hagerty?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by revchops, Nov 24, 2008.

1. revchops

revchops New Friend

Oct 31, 2008
    Sorry if this is a bit pedestrian…but I want some feedback on silver care. Any thoughts on Hagerty Silversmiths Polish? Any other brand that you prefer or trust? Thanks!

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  3. loudog

loudog Piano User

Jan 4, 2004
    Grand Island, NE
    I use Hagerty's, the spray. You spray it on, let it dry, then wipe it off. Fabulous, and it leaves a coating (like Tarnishield) that helps to keep it shiny. Wonderful stuff.

LE

4. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I usually use MAAS - I go months without polishing with that stuff! I have used both Hagerty's and Twinkle, though, and they both work well. I've given up buying silver horns, though - getting sick of so much polishing!
    What do you use on your gold horns, Chuck? I knew a guy who used windex - does that actually work? Seems a little harsh.......?

5. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Hi,

I use Hagerty's spray on silverplate instruments the manner that "loudog" does. Hargety's is easy to work with. It makes the horn look great for a long time. Many use Tarnshield (50% polish to 50% mix as Kanstul uses). Did my cornet on Saturday and it will not have to be done again for several months.

Best wishes,

Lloyd

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    WHen I got my gold plated horns I was told by the maufacturers, (Eclipse & Lawler) to use Windex, WITHOUT AMMONIA. (I actually use "The Works" glass cleaner)

That is all I ever use and the horn always looks good. Gold does not tarnish.

-cw-