Hair curling double c

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by scream machine, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce Mezzo Piano User

Feb 13, 2006
    Just a little clarification,

In 2000, the Blue Devils and Cadets were the first corps to use Bb trumpets, Mellophones in F and Low brass in whatever they play in. (C or BBb?) By the next year The Cavaliers, Santa Clara Vanguard and many other top corps were using Bb horns. By now, almost, if not all, top twelve corps are using Bb horns.

Also, in my opinion, there may be those who can play as high as Maynard in DCI, but there are none who play with such power and sheer energy. Maynard will always be the Boss!

P.S.-King, not only were there two-valved bugles in G, but they eventually went to THREE-valved G bugles. I played on them with The Cavaliers in 2000. The last true soprano line to win DCI!

-Eric Baker

2. NickD

NickD Forte User

Is 50 supposed to be an upper limit or something? grrrr...

;-)

Just messin' with ya, Bear! You raise a good point. The numbers just caught my eye for, well, um, 'numeric' reasons. :-)

Peace, man!

Nick

3. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Hi OLD MAN... errr Nick. No sir, the 50 isn't the upper limit, it's just the guys age that I know... actually 52 I believe. In any case, nice to see you around.

4. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit

Heck Nick I wouldn't sweat it...

I'm 37 and there is not doubt in my mind that you play higher then me. So the number is irrelavent my friend... :cool:

5. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    Back to the original post,
    that's a pretty cool double c. I love that register when it's nice and fat, not a squeak... my goal someday... :shock:

6. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    "Someday" Bravo?! That my friend is why it is hard for you! Heard the saying that it's 90% mental and 10% physical? (Here comes St. Nick with the math and physics... hehe) Maybe those numbers are off, but I believe that a lot of people can't play a DHC with a nice, phat sound because they THINK they can't. That was my big problem, I had the chops and air for it... it was my brain that got in the way. You CAN and you WILL play a DHC.

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Believ me....

Gary will have NO problem with a big FAT double C!

-cw-

8. Bugler

Bugler Banned

97% of trumpet playing is from low F# to High C, and the other 3% offers no job security.

9. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Hmm... different job markets I guess... 80% of my work is above high c and I have great job security...

Have a good one. Check out jazzradioplayer.com kewl stuff.

10. Bugler

Bugler Banned

At times, it is nice to be the ONLY guy in town.