Hair curling double c

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by scream machine, Jun 8, 2006.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

I heard Gary's DHC

I heard Gary's DHC!

One word: "he's there now!"

Oops! That's three words. I guess I'm a heavy tipper!

Gary is an EXCELLENT player and can play a WICKED DHC and at least a G over it - FFF! I am NOT exaggerating!

On top of that, he can get around the horn in the meat and potatoes register with excellent facility!

TTFN

ND

2. Bugler

Bugler Banned

OK, but that is 3 words. ;-)

Now, lets get down. I am the only guy in town in my field. At least that's what the people who hire me say. My gigs are all on national TV.

I never have to play higher than a high D (my own composition, BTW).

I make over 45 K ayear and have not put in a 40 hour week in 10 years. Most weeks are about 30 hours, and in Feb and April I do not work AT ALL!, while March is full of gigs in Florida.

My rent in a nice place is $770 a month plus another say $200 for cable TV, unlimited long distance on a LAND LINE (none of that cell phone crap), electricity, water, internet, top floor end unit with a bird sanctuary and a creek right outside my window.

I do not intend to get rich (a camel has a better chance of getting thru the eye of a needle than a rich man has getting into heaven), but I have EVERYTHING I NEED and most of what I WANT.

So the bottom line is this: Find something you enjoy doing and figure out how to get paid for it.

If you love what you do, and get paid for it, I'm in your corner.

BTW, I am single, 47 (and not a homo), with no kids and no alimony.

3. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    Nick, thanx for the kind words.

I tell ya, I have never heard a flugel played the way you played mine at the jam session. I quite frankly didn't think such things were possible. It was one of the highlights of my trip, and I think the solder joints on the flugel are still a bit soft.... how long does it normally take for a flugel to cool off after you get ahold of it? :cool:

4. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    That would be nice...

Did someone say meat and potatoes?! Sign me up! Is there any Dr. Pepper and green beans to go with that?!

5. Bugler

Bugler Banned

The operative phrase is "at times".