hair line fracture

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetpat, May 22, 2006.

1. trumpetpat

trumpetpat Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2005
    Maine
    have any of you guys suffered a hair line fracture on your front teeth? i have a crack in my bottom left front tooth and it is bugging the hell out of me. it is extremely frustrating to stop playing for the day because it hurts and you don't want it to get any worse. does anyone know any of over the counter type treatment? i can't afford to get it capped so thats out of the picture. any suggestions or tips would be great...thanks!...patrick

2. KMT

KMT Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Talk to your dentist or oral surgeon. They may have a better solution. If I were in your situation, I would find a way to be able to afford the needed dental work. Ultimately, what will happen to a fissure when constantly applying pressure? It will break.

3. Deecy

Deecy Pianissimo User

Aug 8, 2005
    NYC
    Not only that, the ever-widening fissure allows the introduction of bacteria, It's only a matter of time before there's an infection. If you can't afford a cap, ask the dentist to do a temporary composite, or work out a time payment deal on a cap. Most dentists are understanding that way.
    In any event, get something done pronto!

Tom//

4. adunker

adunker New Friend

Jun 7, 2006
    Dubuque, Iowa
    Get the Dental Work done ASAP

I "put off" getting the work done because of the money..............the tooth eventually broke..............I had to get a crown..........and have had two root canals done because of the bacteria issue......it will only cost more if you ignore it. Do find a dentist that does the ceramic crowns.........it is worth it visually and it won't be heat/cold sensitive.

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
  6. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Definatly get to the dentist and have him check it out. Other than that I don't have much advice, however I did break my toe today, so I know how you feel with the broken bone thing. That sucks.

I hope everything works out for you.

7. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I have had teeth problems as I am sure many of us has had and still have. My teeth problems seemed to have decided the future of my career in trumpet, in fact.

For this reason I would like to know what you have done to correct this?

Liad Bar-EL