Halleluja...what key are we in?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by tpter1, Dec 14, 2005.

1. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
  2. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Ah........Those mornings after the night before!
    Wilmer

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    The applause can only be described as "polite". I've heard that happen ... someone forgot to tell someone else about a key change from what was written. Can you say "TRAIN WRECK!"?

4. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Ouch~

gregc

5. FrancisA1915

FrancisA1915 New Friend

Dec 14, 2005
    Illinois
    :-o

OH MY!!!

6. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Can you say discord :oops:

Yuck

7. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    And I'm sure he/she will never make that mistake again...

8. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    :shudder: That might have given me a sezuire if I had been there. But seriously, that is not a Mistake made twice!!

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Reminds me of a (late) friend of our family. The guy was a trained and world-class pipe organist. He once did a concert in Spokane? (or was it Seattle?) Anyway I have a tape of the performance. He played in three different keys SIMULTANEOUSLY..... one with each hand and one on the pedals. He did it on purpose! Apparently the audience didn't know whether to applaud or laugh (which was precisely the reaction he'd been hoping for).

He gave up his career (which had taken him to Paris, Toronto, etc.) so that he could stay at home and take care of his very ill wife.

10. NickD

NickD Forte User

An alternative point of view...

A buddy of mine emailed that link to me with the subject line "Halleuja Chorus Organist On Crack." I must admit that I laughed out loud at first.

Then I did the wrong thing. I started to THINK about this. I got to feeling very badly for this organist. They seemed to be doing fine up until the, well, "out" section.

I'm sure they felt awful, but can you imagine how they feel knowing that a slip-up is being paraded around the internet for humor and possible ridicule? I have had some bad performances, and I can only be grateful that they never made it onto the internet (excepting the ones I put on the internet myself!).

Actually, my heart goes out to whoever it is. I hope they can let it go and have a sense of humnor about it.

Now, to a REAL alternative point of view. Maybe this is an organists equivalent of a TasteeBros gag. Hmmmm... If it is, then, man it WAS hilarious.

Whatever...
    ;-)

BTW, has anyone heard the TasteeBros Christmas thing making the email rounds on the WWW? It is an absolute hoot! I was crying, I was laughing so hard. Them boys is crazy!

Peace, all.

Nick