Hannes Läubin?

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Jimi Michiel, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Hey all,
    Has anyone ever heard of Hannes Läubin? I just got a recording of the Hindemith Septet (ww 5tet + bass clarinet and trumpet) and he is awesome!!! The notes are so connected and so incredibly clear. I'm playing the septet at school and as much as I try not to emulate recordings, this guy is just so good that it's hard not to just sit there and think "what can I do to sound more like this guy?"
    -Jimi

2. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Hello Jimi!
    Yes, he is a trumpet professor in Munich and has two brothers, Wolfgang and Bernhard, who are also playing the trumpet. He is well known in Germany, maybe not so much internationally.
    [​IMG]

3. timothypierson

timothypierson Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2005
    I saw Hannes, Wolfgang, and Bernhard about 15 years ago. There playing was nearly flawless. They performed Baroque works on Shilke piccolos and some modern works on Bb rotary trumpets. I got to meet Bernhard before the concert. All three are fabulous players.

4. JJ

JJ Pianissimo User

Aug 21, 2005
    FYI, he has also been the guest principal trumpet of the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra for the last few years. One point of interest is that he often uses a Bb rotary, whereas many other principal players in German orchestras are now using rotaries in C.

JJ

5. trptcolin

trptcolin New Friend

Nov 6, 2004
    Athens, GA
    He sounds amazing on the Bach Magnificat and Christmas Oratorio (Rilling conducting, Hanssler label). Anyone heard the Bach for Brass Quintet disc?