Happy Birthday!!SUCKA!!! Lessons never learned.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BADBOY-DON, Jan 24, 2007.

1. BADBOY-DON

BADBOY-DON Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wa.
    Last week end....a few of my old trumpet buds and I got together at The Tides Tavern here in Gig Harbor for a few brewski's after a jam session at a friends in Tacoma.
    I stopped at Targetgetto store to pick up some crap. and when I returned to the old Pick-up with bag of goodies---!!!!!

My trumpet case was no longer sitting on the passenger side floor!!!
    (WHY? I FORGOT TO LOCK THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR!!!)

I still haven't told Jerry Callet or my CEO-CFO-Misseeemassa that my beloved old Callet Jazz#4569? is missing.We both know that I have too many trumpets for an old retired trumpet Geek anyway?

Guess it's time to comb the local pawn shops again, just like a few years ago when I lost my beloved old Besson Cornet, the same diggity-darn way?

LESSONS TO BE LEARNED or continue to GET BURNED?

Hey...I still have my old Selmer and my beautiful old Callet Symphonique C horn.
    At least I didn't get mugged or shot and I still have a couple of back up horns.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME...SUCKA!!!! 68 years old and still dumb-n'dumber.

2. ptynan

ptynan Pianissimo User

Sep 13, 2005
    Antigonish, NS
    That is a drag. Hope you find you horn.

3. BADBOY-DON

BADBOY-DON Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wa.
    My stupid fault for bein' so lame.
    Paul...STAY WARM! IT SOUNDS LIKE SOME PRETTY HORRIFICAL' WEATHER UP IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOOOOODS?

4. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Man that plain sucks!

Your fault or not!

I wish you luck in recovering your horn; I know that I'd be huntin' somebody's A** down and I'd be locked and loaded! :x

5. krossum

krossum Piano User

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY, USA
    you got any pics of the horn? what else was in the case? let's all try to track this sucka down and get you your horn back!!

(even though the possibillity of it showing up here in Minneapolis is pretty slim)

bummer man, hope for the best.
    -Kelly

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Sorry, Don. I wish you the best as far as finding your horn. That really stinks. Locked or not, I hate the idea of stealing.

Good luck,

ML

7. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Don- I'm sorry to hear that. Put some photos up here like Kelly said. If it comes up on e-bay chances are someone here will see it.

8. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Now I bet you wished you drank a few more beers....

What a bummer.... sorry for your loss.

I worry all the time when I stop for a quick bite before or after a rehearsal. Sometimes I really want to take my bag in with me...

I also worry about horns in the trunk.... I've been rear-ended enough times to think about that.

Curious, how much do you usually have to pay at a paw shop to get your horn back?

9. BADBOY-DON

BADBOY-DON Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wa.
    Humm? Guess if I could prove that it was mine...and with a little help from the police dept....and the Pawn shop? Humm! I would PAY REAAALLY BIG BUCKS..JUST TO GET THE NAME N' ADDRESS OF THE DUDE THAT "BORROWED" MY JAZZ.

I have 500.00 deductible on my homeowners....
    Humm? Maybe I could claim that it was a RAAAJAAARAMMMADING-DONG MONETTE instead of an old Callet Jazz horn. Sadly everything I own is under-insured with DUMBAZZ-FARMERS INSURANCE...especially if I claimed it was a $65,000.00 MONETTE PRESENTATION INSTRUMENT! :)

I am a crappy liar.....so with that in mind $500.00 would be a wonderful price to pay for a brand new Callet Jazz horn, if I could even find one?

The only photos I have of this Callet, was taken at my Boeing stage band Christmas performances, church, and were too far away to really show much.

My Jazzz was in an old Black Yamaha case that contained a bottle of "Olds" valve oil...that I bought when my Viper Oil ran out.

One MHT cup mute, An old beat up Joral copper mute without the stem...

and one Tumms and a bottle of IBProfin and an old blacken silver-polish rag with toooo many miles on it.
    Luckily I had only my little Callet #7 double Vari-cup mp in the case which seemed to match that .470 expand-a-bore Jazz beautifully. Really projected the nice clean above the staff notes stuff, nice fat rim to save the choppers..etc.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  10. BADBOY-DON

BADBOY-DON Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wa.
    However....I would rather have this horn for $500.00. GADS! BIG AL, WAS SUCH A GIFT TO OUR WORLD, HUH?

My photo of Al Hirt...didn't fly...sorry.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007