HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYNTON !!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by ROGERIO, Oct 18, 2005.

1. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Today is Wynton Marsalis' birthday. Happy birthday Wynton... thanks for the great years so far. Keep 'em coming.

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Wynton!

Happy birthday, amigo! Thank you for everything you've done to further music in all its forms! Thank you for inspiring me to practice new things!!!

Bravo!

ML

3. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Hey Wynton

Happy Birthday! :-) Thanks for all you do in music. Specially that round big fat dark sound on all your ballads from the 90's. They made me strive for a higher standard of excellence when I was (and still am) a developing player.

:grouphug: Lets Hear it for Wynton and his beautiful sounding horn

Go Wynton! :D

Equipment
    Martin Committee Trumpet, T3467RE
    Holton Heim # 2 Mouthpiece

Rick AKA Trumpet Man

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    I did a big long research paper over the summer on Wynton's evolution as an artist... I was fun, but I didn't listen to his music after I finished the paper. Tonight, however, I got the urge to listen to Majesty of the Blues, which I think is my favorite of his albums.
    I think my favorite part about the way he plays is that when you hear him, you know immediately who it is. Especially after 1989, his playing is just sublime. His playing sounds so effortless, like a virtuoso violinist... and then you realise that he's an uber-virtuso trumpeter. I've studied the controveries that he's gotten himself into, but at the end of the day you just pop the CD in and just take it in...

5. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Happy Birthday Mr. Marsalis. ;-) You were the first trumpeter my neice heard that inspired her to choose trumpet as her instrument in school. Your CITI MOVEMENT cd is what got her off on a great start. :D . Keep doing what you do so well.