Happy Camper

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Pat S, Apr 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Pat S

Pat S Piano User

Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
    Kudos to Aaron Beck Brass Works! I bought a $50 vintage Boehm Meinl off of Ebay and discovered that it had a mismatched valve cap on the third valve. Said valve cap clattered every time I used third valve, which was uncool. Ever try to find a valve cap for a 70s vintage Boehm Meinl?? Anyway, I got a message from Aaron after posting my tale of woe here, and he offered to machine up a new valve cap. Shazaam! I got the horn back today and it's perfect. The only clue that the cap is new is that it's shinier than it's compadres. Pictures are posted here: Pictures by prstorms - Photobucket. I can't say enough good things about Aaron. His workmanship was spectacular, he kept me informed every step of the way, and his prices were way fair. I might just go break something just to give him another project. Okay, maybe not. If you need an obscure part machined, and you have a copy of what you're looking to replace, Aaron's your man!

Regards,
    Pat

2. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Pat,

Thanks for the info. Nice to know a trusted contact. Hey, all you have to do is wait a mere 40 years and that new cap will look at the others. :)