HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by trmpt_chica, Jul 4, 2005.

1. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    Happy Fourth of JULY! I saw the Canada b-day topic so i thought i would post the semi- birthday of AMERICAS independence! SOOO HAPPY 4TH

:D :D :D :D :cool:

2. butxifxnot

butxifxnot Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2004
    Here...
    :D I just saw a nice parade. Our marching band this year (I couldn't march or play. I just watched) is reasonably strong, but kind of messy. I wonder if I'm going to see any fireworks today...

3. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    God bless America, Land that I love!
    Stand beside her, and guide her
    Through the night from a light up above.
    Through the mountains, and the valleys
    To the oceans, white with foam!
    God bless America!
    My home sweet home!
    God bless America,
    My home sweet home!

Happy 4th everyone!

Lara :D

4. MahlerBrass

MahlerBrass Piano User

Oct 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Quote of the day: You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. ~Erma Bombeck

Happy 4th everyone!

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Just got home from our first of three outdoor summer gigs with the band. It's been almost thirty years of this in two different bands and I still get chills playing the Stars and Stripes. It was on the brisk side tonight, I must say, tempo-wise.

Of course we played 1812 and that's never boring either. I guess I'm never going to tire of this stuff. The people love it so much, y'know. Kids are clapping, held up by dads... older folk smiling with every note... like a freakin' Norman Rockwell painting, honestly.

Happy Birthday, America... thanks for the opportunity to make people happy doing the only thing I know how. Geez, how good is that?

ML

6. kjt

kjt New Friend

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodbury, MN
    Hey Manny,

As much as I love to hear you guys in Orchestra Hall, I have (I think) only missed your July outdoor concert in Hudson once in the last 15 years and even moreso enjoy watching the concert each year while sitting on the lawn with my wife, two boys, a few other friends, and a bucket of KFC. It is an important family tradition for us.

-keith

7. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    This is the first year I've stayed home on the 4th in quite a while. I'm watching everything on tv though, and I think I have heard "Stars and Stripes Forever" about 40 times...

8. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    ARG! im sooo tired!

IM sooo tired Last night i saw fireworks from Disneyland and Knotts! Then the pplz down the street set off illegal ones (they go up in the sky) were not to suppose to set those off cause then it pollutes the air cause of Disneyland settin off so many and Knotts and all these parks set them off so the air was sooo polluted I stayed up till 12 and then I HAVE To go to skool today!!! AT 6:00 am! GAH! :x

9. sdgtpt

sdgtpt New Friend

Dec 3, 2004
    I had a 4th of July gig (on the afternoon of the 3rd) and again on the evening of the 4th. A favorite 4th of July tune of mine is "patriotic bits and pieces" which cycles through each anthem of the armed services giving time for the past or present members of the current anthem to raise and recieve applaud.

It's nice to look out into the audience and see the men and womens faces that provide or provided the securit blanket we sleep under. I feel like we are only able to do what we do from day to is because of them...

As it was said earlier... we appreciate it very much.

10. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Hear, hear, sdg!!!

ML