Happy Halloween- Practiciing Christmas Music!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dave Hughes, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Eswany33

Eswany33 New Friend

Aug 22, 2012
    North Carolina, USA
    No Problem
    Male, by the way

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    We don't assume gender here. At least we have progressed a little bit. Equal opportunity here on TM.
    Welcome to TM, by the way, and thanks for the clarification. Are you near Asheville by any chance?

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    What thread?

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    I think we were talking about................................................................fill in the blank

5. Eswany33

Eswany33 New Friend

Aug 22, 2012
    North Carolina, USA
    I'm near Fayetteville.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    The last 3 Christmas's at my parents house down the street --- a group of Mennonites comes by and sings 3 or 4 carols for us -- albeit, it is 2 or so days before Christmas ----- very nice Christian people, even though we don't attend their church on a regular basis.

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    While I did say Christmas Eve, too I've known caroling to occur a week and more before Christmas. Yes, the Amish and Mennonite are very nice Christian folks. When I was in elementary school we lived just two blocks from the school and my Mother always came to the school for our Christmas assembly program. A few times she got hooked into playing the piano.
    Even before we were in band several of us went about town playing carols. When I did get into band and we were out of school from Friday of the second week in December until January 2, groups of us played at different areas of the town in addition to the Salvation Army kettle. Still, it was on the Saturday before Christmas that our entire band gave our Christmas concert in the Carnegie Music Hall as was to the best of my recollection was always sold out to SRO. It was the week before our concert that a select ensemble played a Christmas program at nearby Woodville State Psychiatric Hospital. I played in that ensemble only in my junior and senior year. Still, since I left Carnegie PA, I've lived in many places which I wouldn't consider safe for young people to be in the evening.

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yes, the Mennonite neighbors again this year -- have invited us to their congregations Thanksgiving Dinner" put on by the youth group, and although it is the Saturday before the actual Thanksgiving Day, it is such a wonderful Blessing for a lot of people in the nieghborhood who either have NO FAMILY, or a split family (such as I do) ---uhm the split family is one that doesn't get along for various reasons, and suspends Christmas and Thanksgiving get togethers -- because of some arbitrary or obscure reasoning.

Anyways -- I guess the whole point of this --- IF YOU ARE ABLE TO, perhaps it would be a GREAT IDEA to invite someone who has NO-ONE to dinner on Thanksgiving day.