Happy Holidays!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bigaggietrumpet, Dec 13, 2004.

1. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Well, friends, tomorrow ends my finals (THANK GOD I SURVIVED!), and I'll be heading back home to good ole Podunk (aka Gainesville, TX). This means that I probably will disappear for about a month, so I just figured I'd take this opportunity to wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas (or whichever holiday you choose to celebrate), and a Happy New Year.

So until January 14, so long! 8)

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Mike,

Merry Christmas to you, as well! Congratulations on finishing up with the albatross that is final exams.

So, the question I have is:

Have you ever gotten to spend Christmas in a place that has snow?

My Godson came to spend some of his Christmas vacation with us when he was about 13 and he's from Texas. He had never seen snow!! It was a beautiful thing to see him go outside into our yard and examine the snow like gift that it is. He would lie in it and taste it. As we had a dog I warned him about tasting any snow that wasn't white! He also had never seen his breath in cold air.

Of course, as I write we have ZERO snow on the ground. It's been warm here (not that there's anything wrong with that).

ML

3. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Geh, I despise you, Michael! :D

I have a 1 P.M. final today, THREE finals and my jury tomorrow, and an 11 A.M. Thursday...

Oh well, MERRY CHRISTMAS (Ya lucky jerk)!!

We haven't seen much snow either. We've had rain every day until two days ago, when the temperature drops to 32 and below (I think we hit 20..?). The temperature would not be so bad, if the wind wasn't 15 mph! Oh well, maybe we'll see some snow soon?

Van

4. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Merry Christmas Mike. Good luck in the Cotton Bowl

5. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    snow? What is this that you talk about? White powder falling from the sky? HA, lay off the reefer man. Lol, no, some parts of God's country (a.k.a "Texas") get's snow. Such as us up here in the Panhandle area. Anyways, Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!!!

6. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

Have a Happy Holiday from Iowa...we get snow quite a bit just not much right now. It's been really cold even below zero in the morning. It's always cold here but I was hoping for a warm winter this year.

Molly

7. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Quick update while I wait for Christmas lunch (time to gain more weight!)...

I'm sending a Christmas card to my calculus prof. For me to pass all my classes and finals is a Merry Christmas indeed.

Oddly enough, there's this strange white stuff on the ground, and it's freakishly cold outside. I guess this is what "White Christmas" is referring to? Anyway, Merry Christmas to all again!

8. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana

Michael,

Here in Southern Indiana, we get about 2 to 3 inches of snow a couple times a year. Two days ago we got 28 inches :shock:

It completely shut down everything. No church in the area had a Christmas Eve services because the roads were impassible. I lived in Colorado most of my life where a couple feet of snow was common, but there they are ready for it. Here, it shut down the world and the police called a state of emergency -- no driving on the roads unless it was necessary.

But the Mall was open for Christmas shopping :thumbdown:

Further, it is supposed to snow some more tonight. I might never leave this house again :roll:

Have a Merry One!

Jim

9. mheffernen5

mheffernen5 Pianissimo User

I dislike snow too Jim. One time when I was in grade school, we had snow in October 1997 and it was pretty much cold and even the power was out for a while. I was staying with my grandmother and we were heading toward the church and visibility was terrible so I told her to turn around back to her house.

10. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Oh I don't dislike it. It just really made Christmas interesting with no Christmas Eve services or Sunday Services.

Molly, you might think about college in California or Florida. Iowa is known to have some snow! :roll:

Jim