Hard time with an audition

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SonicBlast, Mar 29, 2010.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Looking at where the original poster is from, there may be a better way than plain old practicing to EARN the part: BAKSHISH :whistle:

2. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    Without seeing and hearing you play, it's very difficult to give you advice that will help and not make things worse. If you can get a local pro or teacher to help you would be the best thing to do. I used to teach in a studio many years ago and had students sign up for lessons just so they could get into "All County" or extend their range for a jazz band arrangement, then leave, only to return next year for the same reasons. My point is it doesn't have to be a lifetime commitment , just take a few lessons for now.

3. Mark Green

Mark Green New Friend

Mar 3, 2010
    Anchorage, Alaska USA
    Yeah but according to the definition, you probably get little or nothing in return. So back to Herseth's Commandment ("Practice.").

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    That is an incredible idea that MANY players at all levels can benefit from. I think more advanced players call this relationship MENTOR.

5. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Yes this is an idea I beleive in. I'm old (in my 50's) and play over 130 performances a year and still go and see a trumpet teacher about once every two or three years. I think of it as a "tune up". I fact that reminds me. I'm about due for a "tune up"