Harp & Trumpet Music?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Liad Bar-EL, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Does anyone know of or where I could find some music for harp and trumpet?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Liad Bar-EL

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Don't know yet, Liad. But I'm in the process of hunting down some harp and French Horn music for my daughter's grad recital. If either she or I find anything I'll let you know.

3. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Thanks Ed for your consideration.

Has anyone heard of or know of this piece?
    Bohme - Soiree de St Petersbourg.
    for Trumpet & Harp

Thanks for any info.

Liad Bar-EL

4. Emile

Emile New Friend

Nov 20, 2003
    Amsterdam
    I have made a page with all music for trumpet and harp I could find (quite a lot) and all cd's I could find.

Go to my webpage http://www.geocities.com/emile_meuffels and click on "trumpet and harp"

If there are pieces which you know and are not listed, please let me know.

5. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I have accessed your site but can not bring up the trumpet & harp web site. In fact, the trumpet & harp button (link) does not seem to work.

It seems like you are my main resource person and I am wondering how you managed to get all of this information together about trumpets & harps?

Thank you so much,

Liad Bar-EL

6. Emile

Emile New Friend

Nov 20, 2003
    Amsterdam
    Try these links:

http://www.geocities.com/emile_meuffels/english/harp/compositions.html

and

http://www.geocities.com/emile_meuffels/english/harp/recordings.html

I searched a few catalogues for trumpet and harp music. I found a lot of music through internet searches as most music is not published, or published with very small publishing companies.

The piece by Oscar Bohme "Souvenir de St. Petersbourgh" is published by Marc Reift and recorded by Max Sommerhalder, although this recording is out of print. Mr. Sommerhalder promised me a copy, but I haven't received it yet.

Good Luck,

7. Emile

Emile New Friend

Nov 20, 2003
    Amsterdam
    BTW - did you try the buttons on the top of the page? There are four buttons, the third one is named: "trp. and harp", this is the one you want.

8. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    All four bottons up on top are not operating.

Thanks for the sites.

Please let me know when you receive that harp music. Would you mind sending me a copy?

Thanks much,

Liad Bar-EL

9. Emile

Emile New Friend

Nov 20, 2003
    Amsterdam
    Most pieces on my site can be ordered from the publishers. Some of them (including the Bohme piece) are listed in the Spaeth-Schmid guide: http://www.spaeth-schmid.de

They also have some arrangements by Gyorgy Geiger. The original compositions by the Hungarian composers (From the Gyorgy Geiger CD, you should really get those!!!) is not in print. I got copies of the music from Mate Hollos, who is one of the composers and also the director of Hungaroton.

If you sent me your address in a private email, I can sent you something.

10. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Really impressive sites, Emile!!

I am wondering how did you manage to get this all together? Have you played any of these compositions and have you heard any of these recordings?

I would be very interested in your evaluation(s) of any of the compositions and/or recordings that you have listed.

I'm very appreciative,

Liad Bar-EL