Having a blood test on Monday, any effect on playing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetSaiyan777, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    I got diagnosed with "the 'betes". Decided not to take meds. I fast all the time. Yeah, I get wobbly, as you say, but then I test. If my GL is high, I know it's just my body being a spoiled little child, and I basically tell it to eat the glucose that's already in my blood. The wobbly's go away shortly after that...it's all a big bluff....and then I feel fine. If my glucose is normal, I plan on eating a meal at a normal time. If it's low, I eat something I actually like. There's no way I'm going to waste a good low-glucose count on those drug-store glucose tablets. I'll eat some nice chocolate, or a sweet, or some popcorn or something. If I'm high, I run or do some work.
    ...But usually, if I'm low, I'll just let it go until the next meal. Since I don't have drugs artificially dropping my levels, I have a much more predictable, and stable glucose range. I've never passed out, and never had it go any lower than the high 70's.

I also watch my diet, and take several beneficial supplements. I DO need to get myself some blood tests though (as in, without a doctor).

You see, I'm stubborn on many more things than trumpet lessons.

2. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    I am having my prostate check tomorrow. Maybe I will be able to play higher, afterwards ;-)

BrotherBACH

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Depends on which "check" they give you. There should be some rationale to check you and I'm sure you want to catch the potential of C early on so the Doc can provide care to put it in remission.

4. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    The only wau a Urologist could help me with a High C is if she is a Perdy Female who is fond of Horny trumpet players!ROFL

5. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    No worries. It is just the normal procedure for someone who has just turned 50.

BrotherBACH

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    When your health insurance pays most of the expense, such routine exams are acceptable preventative medicine that enhance the quality of life. Sadly, many cannot afford the premium of such insurance or the copay and keep a roof over their head and food on their children's plate.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    True, unless it's Kingtrumpet getting the blood work, then its called screaming blood work.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No problem. I am providing you with a link on basic hematology (the study of blood). Just cram this over the weekend, and I just know you will pass that blood test on Monday... and if you have a blank moment... just choose answer C on the blood test answer sheet. Oh and to the extra credit question: Who put the puss in the corpuscle? The answer is - Kingtrumpet. You'll ACE it now!

Here's that link: Pathology Thread
    No go out there and win one for the Dr. Gipper

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I had mine done by a Dr. Yohannas. And right when he put in his gloved hand I said: "Whoa, I got Yohannas up my butt!"

Man it didn't hurt until he started laughing. So I recommend not cracking jokes when they are in position. OK?

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That would be a double high C from this end!