Having a blood test on Monday, any effect on playing?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetSaiyan777, Feb 18, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Damn, just think of the fine trumpet player that could be cloned from them cells...

I can see it now... two Moderators on TM rowuk-pro and rowuk-gignere

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    If they have their certifications I really don't care where for the most part doctors are from or studied or how they look as long as their English is at least as good as Microsoft's tech support people--I do, however, prefer female urologists with thin fingers and around my age.

Blood tests are generally really low impact as long as an M.D. doesn't take the sample--then you can expect some bruising, but not enough to mess with one's playing.

3. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    Had the test today. Not as painful as I thought. All is good. Now on to the PSA's. In Canada most of the cost of these check-ups are covered. But, without a family history of prostate cancer, I must pay for the PSA out of my own pocket. In many respects, Canadians are lucky for their health insurance. However, to be sure, we have our own healthcare challenges, not to get into a big discussion about. But, it has been idealized by some in the US.

BrotherBACH

4. Brad-K

Brad-K Piano User

Jun 18, 2011
    I never got that whole "family history of" thing. It seems terribly unscientific. Because my uncle has diabetes, that automatically translated to "family history." That was one member out of all my other relatives....If I look at all the other relatives who don't have it, it would seem I would not have such a history....but that's not how my doc saw it....which overall made me distrustful of my doc.