He Is The Most Interesting Man In The Trumpet World ...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RustoleusMaximus, May 20, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    See... this just supports my theory on gravity... The earth has no gravity, it just sucks. And it sucked so much before Dr. Schmidt... that it looked like the diagram above. Then came Dr. Schmidt, and much of the sucking went into his playing... and the worlds parted. That is of course my theory... The theory that is mine...

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    The Great Land of Oz - 101 Lesson 6 - Geology of Southern Oz

Geologically, the western half of Tasmania (the little green island - shaped just like the map of Tasmania) is the same structure as Antarctica - however, the eastern half is the same as the Big Brown Island where I live. There appears to have been enough suction in the middle of Tassie to hold the rocks together as a certain trumpeter "blossomed" - and split the World apart - if we are to go with the theorem previously espoused here on TM. It is quite simple to prove that Tasmania is therefore a small part of the driest continent in the World and explains why 46% of Antarctica belongs to "Us", rather than "The US".

Your homework will be to research the largest waterfall in the World - a minimum of 6 words should do it, but feel free to expand on those words. Marks will be given for accuracy, deductive reasoning, illustrations, and correct statements about crocodiles.

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Dry Falls in Eastern Washington, USA.

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Hint 1: I didn't mention height of falls in the homework.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Dry Falls in Eastern Washington, USA.

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    You've got the height about right - but Dry Falls in Eastern Washington, USA is a tiddler in comparison to the one I have in mind. No penalty for multiple answers BTW. Nice tangent considering lack of water though - 1 point for deductive reasoning. Oh, if you write Dry Falls in Eastern Washington, USA again you will lose that hard earned point.

7. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    The largest waterfall, which I would take to mean the most volume of water, is probably the one in Laos on the Mekong. I forget its name.

8. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I always thought the largest waterfall (as in having the largest width x height area) was Victoria Falls in Africa.

--bumblebee

I wonder if the Loudest Trumpet Player In The World could be heard above the sound of the water?

[​IMG]

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Can't check if I don't have more detail - thanks for participating - not the one I have in mind.

10. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    If you weren't referring to the waterfall's area, but to the volume of water flowing over, then I suggest the one you mean is the Inga Falls on the Congo River.

--bumblebee