He Is The Most Interesting Man In The Trumpet World ...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RustoleusMaximus, May 20, 2013.

1. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Are you sure that the sound you hear isn't exactly as the composer intended it to be?

--bumblebee

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia

Sarcasm?? :roll:

3. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    He certainly made some interesting choices in the video... at least until I went to sleep. I'm sure the clams were an acoustical anomaly from playing in the church. After all, he's the loudest trumpet player in the world. I only wish I was available to come to the event the end of May. The admission price is worthy of the entertainment!

4. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Sorry... the above post was not very Christian. I wish Dr. Schmidt the very best

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I have to disagree! Jesus told the truth and called the Scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducee, "Snakes, and children of Vipers...". I always wince when Christians overstate their case, which is done all to often. Nobody wants to tell the pastor's wife she can't sing, even if it's the truth. We want to be "christian" and be nice. It's one of the reasons most Christian artists aren't taken seriously, even if they are world class (I heard nothing "world class" on that video). The assumption is since you're in that genre, you couldn't make it in the real world so you went "christian". When I'm told weekly that I sounded great (when it wasn't), I know you're deaf, or trying to just be nice. I'd rather be told I was out of tune, overblowing, came in too early or late, played the wrong chord change, etc., than to just hear. "You were awesome"! It's not always true!

6. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    And in my case, it's rarely true. I agree. There is no pleasure in a compliment from someone without discernment.

7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Let's be careful not to get into religion, folks!

Self huckstering is found in all genres, and it is worth noting that almost all claims of personal magnificence come in the form of "higher, faster, louder." I've gotten some good press over the years, most of which was focused on musicianship and written in German. Hard to build up a world-class resume with claims of "one of the top 10 musical trumpeters in the world," "the world's most in tune trumpeter."

Guess I need a mouthpiece that will let me play louder and higher.... Maybe some puppets and a web site, too.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Only mentioned it because of the Docs resume. some folks can't handle it!

Classic Movie Line #15 - YouTube

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

9. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    Or as stated by the Man who wrote the book "Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."
    Bobby

10. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Come hear the loudest Trumpet player on planet earth!! No thanks.

No offense, not saying I'm great, but that has been a criticism more than a compliment toward me at times. "Don't play so loud!" Are the high notes all that pretty either? Not to me, just saying.
    Also the best way to have shots taken at you is to put the "bulls eye" on yourself as the "World best" something.......
    I still claim I'm better than any Trumpet player from Neptune. and that has yet to be disproven.