He Is The Most Interesting Man In The Trumpet World ...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RustoleusMaximus, May 20, 2013.

1. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Liesl is a killer!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Perhaps there may still be some hope for you???

Nah!!

3. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Au contraire. Virginia can't be boring as long as I'm there.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah, but only if I can play trumpet -- OR trombone in the Diva Jazz Band Orchestra ---- that is my DREAM GIG ----- yeah, baby, I could see AWESOME DUETS with the tall trumpet player, and either of those 2 brunette trombone players ----- of course the VIOLA player isn't bad either -- ROFL ROFL ROFL mmmmm! maybe I can learn how to play VIOLA!!! ?????? ----------- ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Would't that require a sex change? I would hope there would be a plea from our female members to please stop this from happening. Your sex has a reputation to uphold. Just say no to MS. KT.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhm -- Dude -- no way!! -- I was NOT thinking of a sex change ---- I was thinking of me being the only "male - guest" trumpet or trombone player in the band -- -temporarily of course ----- I am sure that is all my HEART will take ------ ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Music is music and limited to that context, I wouldn't differentiate genders of the players as only the sound is pertinent. I've told others that Jazz is not my fav, but some I do like. Too, I don't like mutes but honestly will say in the "Mellow Tones" bit such was as good as there is or was, and doubly so with the plungers. However, as for the"76 Trombones" bit, Meredith Willson's bones would rattle in distress.

8. BigSwingFace

BigSwingFace Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Being the world's loudest trumpet player is like being the world's fattest gymnast. Sure, we acknowledge the accomplishment; but that doesn't mean you're going to draw an audience.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    oh - sorry!!!! --- for me, I often get FGDS (feminine gender distraction syndrome) whereby I am draw to women musicians --- kind of like a "moth to the flame" -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Seems more like you're attracted to women than distracted. but that's not sayin' that women can't distract you from what you should be, or want to do, even if you'd be married to just one.