He Is The Most Interesting Man In The Trumpet World ...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RustoleusMaximus, May 20, 2013.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah -- man --- they even make classical OBOE sound sweet and pleasant to my ears ---- yeah, even the OBOE --- ROFL ROFL ROFL

Katie Sparks Oboe Solo - YouTube

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Just perused Dr. Schmidt's website again. Seems to be a lot of emphasis on numbers and ratings. Adolph Herseth, who at his prime was arguably the finest orchestral principal trumpet in the world, when asked what he did for a living would reply, "I play trumpet in a symphony orchestra."

3. RustoleusMaximus

RustoleusMaximus Pianissimo User

Feb 1, 2008
    @TobyLou ... NO! ALL of this is stated on his (2013) website !!! These are claims he makes about himself on his website !!! Even if he was "The Legend" he makes himself out to be "they are said to have Schmid't a high note" ... do you state these things about yourself ? Just astounding. This has been pointed out to Dr. Schmidt before and here he is again with a brand new (2013) website with even more remarkable statements about him self !!!

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Shameless! :noway::noway::noway:
    Apparently, he has never read Proverbs 27:2!! ROFL

5. RustoleusMaximus

Feb 1, 2008
    I like the idea of getting the Dr. and Kurt together so they could compare notes and utter greatness. The Dr. states he is ranked as one of the top 10 Christian Trumpet Players in the world (twice now). This official ranking has taken place twice according to his website. I too was ranked. My rank is #121,978; however, I have been cited as an up and coming talent (when I practice). This ranking is by the International Association of Christian Trumpet Artist (IACTA) ranking committee.

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    How do I get on that list!!!??? :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Wait a minute, Google says it doesn't exist!!! :-o:-o:-o:-o

7. RustoleusMaximus

Feb 1, 2008
    I'd like to drive down to Tennessee and watch him perform while eating a bucket of fried chicken.

8. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    But what if Dr. Schmidt didn't write his own website content? Then he'd be fine, yes?

Also, the "top 10" referred to appears to exclude non-Christian trumpeters. Or non-Christian-music-playing trumpeters. And the expression "top 10 best" could refer to the top 10 of a list of best (where the criterion for "best" is not made clear - it could be best at baking cookies, for example) trumpeters which came to the mind of the list author (who coincidentally was talking to Dr. Schmidt so naturally thought to put him earlier in the list before checking which trumpeters were at the top of it).

To be honest I feel a little bad knocking this gentleman - so far as I can see he seems to be happy, and doesn't appear to be a bad fellow or anything. And he plays trumpet, as do many of us in TM, and doesn't obviously play viola. He might even have TM bookmarked in his web browser.

--bumblebee

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    You do have kind of a Col. Sanders thing going for ya! You could tell him his playin' raised ya from the dead! See if it shows up in his blog!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

10. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    You want to watch him blowing bits of food into his horn?

--bumblebee