He Is The Most Interesting Man In The Trumpet World ...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by RustoleusMaximus, May 20, 2013.

1. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    See? He's done it already! Before Dr. Schmidt it looked like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. RustoleusMaximus

RustoleusMaximus Pianissimo User

Feb 1, 2008
    NOT trying to knock this guy; however, he has stated these things about himself on the internet which I find odd and amazing. The very best trumpet talent in the world doesn't make these types of statements on their websites. He had to "ok" his website whether he actually did the work or not. I just find it odd and interesting ... it's almost like a joke.

bumblebee likes this.
  3. RustoleusMaximus

Feb 1, 2008
    NO, that would be me feasting on the fried chicken and sweet tea while watching him hit the highest notes known to man with the loudest volume. Perhaps he would take request and play some Bill Chase licks for me.

4. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Thanks for the cautionary warning! I'd better check what my friends are putting together for my own future trumpet world domination website, just in case they overstate something which will only embarrass me, true as it might be.

--bumblebee

5. RustoleusMaximus

Feb 1, 2008
    I don't practice with enough consistency to have "Schmidted" any of my notes recently. When I was in great playing shape I could have "Schmidted " a nice double C. I would like to post a mouthpiece comparison video one day so that inquiring minds can ascertain the difference in my Monette Prana BL2 S3 (XLT blank) and Marcinkiewicz Shew 1. The Legend Mouthpieces are actually very good mouthpieces. Derek has sent me a couple and they are awesome pieces. Check em out here - Best Trumpet Mouthpiece | Legends Brass - Home

6. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I knew what you meant - just thought an alternative interpretation might bring a smile...

--bumblebee

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    well -- I find a lack of video's on the net --- in other words, maybe Dr. Schmidt is really humble and doesn't post any trumpet vids ---- either that, or maybe he really sucks at trumpet --- and nobody will know until they go see for themselves. ((ps. the website I found for the loudest trumpet player, does NOT have even 1 clip off trumpet on it))

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I'd like to sit beside you at that gig, sucking on a lemon :evil:

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    What have you done with Tasmania? (This a trick question because I already know the answer.)

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Isn't it the wedgie that lies within the crotch of Australia?