Heads Up

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by Tootsall, May 13, 2004.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Just a heads up on the upcoming Montreal Jazz festival. This taken from website: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/stories/quickhits20040512

Jazz lovers won't want to miss this one.... and the Loonie only costs $0.73 US too! (but leave your car at home and take the Metro (subway)... gas is now hitting $2.50 US equivalent up here).

Quote:
    MONTREAL - Canadian stars Diana Krall and Oscar Peterson were among the lineup list announced Tuesday for the Montreal International Jazz Festival, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.

With about 150 ticketed concerts and another 350 free outdoor concerts, the festival's lineup includes traditional and contemporary musicians, such as Dianne Reeves, Tony Bennett, George Benson, pianists Keith Jarrett and Chick Corea, Wynton Marsalis and the Buena Vista Social Club's Ibrahim Ferrar.

The festival will also feature other musical genres other than jazz, with performances by k.d. lang backed by the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, Motown icons the Four Tops and the Temptations, urban folk singer Ani DiFranco, blues artists Colin James and George Thorogood and the Destroyers, contemporary African musician Youssou N'Dour, as well as electronica, reggae, hip hop and R&B artists.

Unquote.

2. Welk

Welk New Friend

Jan 8, 2004
    Montréal, Canada
    I think it is on the july 12th. But I've seen that the Glenn Miller's Orchestra will be performing at Montréal. It isn't part of the Jazz Fest because the Fest ends on the 10th... but It probably worth passing a few more days!

www.admission.com

if you want to buy you ticket for the private shows... Public shows are free!

3. riffdawg2000

riffdawg2000 Pianissimo User

Jan 9, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I'll be there with girlfriend in tow .... June 30-July 5th