Headshots...which one?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by loudog, Nov 4, 2007.

Which photo should I use for the Messiah program?1

1. 1

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. 2

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. 4

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. 5

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. 6

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. 7

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. 8

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  9. 9

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  10. 10

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. loudog

loudog Piano User

Jan 4, 2004
    Grand Island, NE
    Hello all!

I’m playing the Messiah coming up this fall at my Alma Mater…which has a tradition of doing the Messiah every four or five years. I’m a guest alumni soloist (the only instrumentalist) on TTSS, and playing guest principal in the orchestra. They need a headshot and a short bio for the program. I’m having difficulty decided which picture to use. I had professional shots taken about a week ago, and got the digital pictures in the other day. I have to make a decision (and e-mail the info) by tomorrow.

Facebook | Louie Eckhardt's Photos - Professional Photos!

This is a link to my facebook album…you can view the album even if you are not a facebook user. I’ve selected what I think my favorites are out of the 75 I had taken. Please help me decide which picture to use! I probably won’t use either of the last two, just for the informality of them.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ALL!!

Louie

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The picture that you use should help the audience identify you - very original would be a picture from your school days! The only thing that really matters is your playing!
    The bit about the dead being raised kind of dwarfs our significance in the big picture of things...................

3. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I picked photo#1 because of the confidence you exude.
    Wilmer

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I chose #8, because it should print well in grayscale, and you've got the right horn in your hands. To follow up on Rowuk's excellent suggestion, you might want to just use the ultra-cool Vulgano Avatar!:cool:

5. mattdalton

mattdalton Pianissimo User

Apr 30, 2005
    Newcastle, WA USA
    I voted for #1 and #9 because I think either would be fine. #8 is good of you, but I find the shadow behind you to be distracting. If I had to pick just one I'd say #9, because the eye contact is so good. It also gives them some cropping options to fit within the program layout.

Regardless of the picture chosen, I hope this is a great gig for you!

6. SpitKey

SpitKey New Friend

Dec 3, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I vote for #'s 1, 7, & 12. Of these 3 photos I would probably go for #1, but I like #12 almost as much. I don't think the informality distracts from the photo. I would definitely not use #'s 4, 9, & 10 as your suit and the background are so close in tone and color they almost merge, and if any of these were to be used in a newspaper they would reproduce horribly.

7. godchaser

godchaser Banned

Jun 17, 2007

Hey Louie, which one did you decide on? I'd have picked the distant shot with all the windows in it. If you can use it in the future and have that same shot just a tad bit closer, that'd be better. The vertical windows across a lateral like that's good show.

_____

'The bit about the dead being raised kind of dwarfs our significance in the big picture of things....'

Dag'gone that's an interesting statement there Robin. Don't know if you'd want to speak to that more, but how do you mean that, if i may ask?

Not that i would be inclined to debate it you understand. Just a fascinating thought's all. :)

Cheers

C

8. loudog

loudog Piano User

Jan 4, 2004
    Grand Island, NE
    I sent a few in based off of all the recommendations, as well as some other input from some colleagues. I know the person who is putting the program together, so I'll let him decide out of the three I sent him.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

L