Health foods/activities for trumpet players.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Liad Bar-EL, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I was a Vegetarian for many years, Wilmer. Presently, I only eat fish or chicken and this in only once a week.

Veggie diets lack the vit B's; so, if you want more energy in your daily living and to protect your eyes, you need to take those vitamins. Before you take any vitamins, however, first get a blood test to determine what you may be lacking or low in this area. The older the body gets, thelest it produces the needed things we need to maintain good health.

The processed already prepared veggie (soya) "meats" make for constipation which is not good for the system; so, one needs to follow the meal with some prunes, brand flakes, etc. I find that these veggie meats dehydrate my system; so, I have to drink lots of water.

In terms of exercise for the older people, stretching exercises are critical. Many people say that they just lifted their arm and tore a ligament or sat down and a knee joint broke, etc. One of the common reasons for this is because these muscles are not stretched and loose so then the muscle connections with cartilages break.

Stay in good health Wilmer.

Liad Bar-EL

Note to all: If anybody has a personal question, you can send me a PM

2. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Good post Trent!!

I have seen people take diets, they loose a little weight and then they get tired of it and gain more weight than they had before the diet. The diet has to be a way of life and you have to feel good about it.

One can eat too much "good" healthy food also and this could be very damaging to your system.

My dietician use to drink coffee and I asked her why she quit. She said that she just learned that coffee eats the iron in your blood. People drink coffee to give them an extra boost when in effect it is eating the very product that gives a person energy; so, people then drink more coffee and more coffee and then wonder why they so down after awhile. So, they become addicted to coffee and think and feel it is like a transfusion....to life.

If you are feeling tired, get more rest. Don't drink coffee for if you do, you will not get more rest and neither will the organs in your body.

"Nothing tastes as good as fitness feels!"

THANKS!!

I'm going to remember this one.

Liad Bar-EL

3. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Janell, I am right with you on this one!!!

I have food allergies also. Take this down, look them up in the internet and inspect all labels on the foods that you buy.
    1. MSG
    2. Sulfites
    3. Tyramine

I have been through all the allergy tests and passed them all; so, why was I getting headaches, blood shot eyes, loss of breath, red skin patches, etc? The doctor told me to educate myself on the above products and see if they might be the cause. Sure enough, I cleared up all my allergies by eliminating the above from my diet.

Please note, Janell, fruits and other foods will produce some of these chemicals as they age; so, one needs to eat FRESH food always…not more than three days old.

Wheat Grass Juice (WGJ) is not from the full grown wheat kernel but only from the blades of grass. There is also Barley Grass Juice which has almost the same properties and healthful effect as the WGJ. Both come in a powder to be mixed with water. I would advise not to sniff it for it makes for a very big sneeze!

Oils in the diet is very important as long as they are the right non cholesterol type like olive oil for one. Margarine is completely out of my diet. I'll talk more about this later.

I take my dog, Bassett Hound, for a walk when she is tired and she takes me for a walk when I am tired. :D

Be well and happy,

Liad

4. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Roy, it is known that rest is just as important as exercise. They both should be balanced according to individual needs.

My advice on your third session is to first wait no less than a half of hour after eating before you exercise.

My daughter, to work her way through the Univ, is teaching Pilates, Arobics, etc; so, this is what she tells me..................only it takes less than half hour for me to fall asleep after I eat.:D

Please post this heart healty diet for I am sure it will help others here.

Keep at it Roy and thanks for your input. I'm looking for that diet.

Liad

5. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I am not sure what "Earth's Promise" but I think it is a mixed herbal drink that is used to build up the body's immunity system and you need to only take about 4 oz a day. Am I right?

If so, then this is not so much of an engery food like WGJ.

Seems to me that running and doing crunches are two different exercises; so, the running is for sure going to zap your breathing strengths. Try practicing your horn first before you run.

To split the energy expenditure between running and playing the horn, buzz your mpc while you're running. (joke………don't do this)

I do not know what "crunches" are; so, you'll have to explain that to me.

Liad Bar-EL

6. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Excellent post and I'm glad you're here. Please post more.

Let me digest your post for awhile (in my head not my stomach) before I respond.

In case someone wants to look up that book, the title is "Eat Right for (4) Your Type", Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons, N.Y.

Lately, I have been doing some searching on AD in hopes of helping my Mother in Law. Do you have any information on Alzheimer's? I've just finished reading the book from Bottom Line dealing with Brain Boosting but not too much on AD. They have a site: http://www.BottomLineSecrets.com

What you have posted is very interesting. Again, please post more.

Thanks,

Liad