Hello and Thanks From A New Member and Come-Back Player

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rick P, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Rick P

Rick P New Friend

Nov 19, 2005
    Graham, WA
    I've been reading in these forums for some time now and they're great! Thanks from this come-back player for tips, suggestions, motivation, inspiration, etc., from everyone from the "Masters", to all the other members, to the young/new players and to the other come-backers like me.

The amount of information here is astounding and I'll be hanging around for a long time.

I started playing after 30 years away last spring. Unfortunately, my old high school trumpet's valves are shot and it just didn't make relearning very easy. Last August my wife bought me a Bach 180S37 for our 30th and I've been hard at it since.

I started taking lessons in late October and my instructor has been great! He's got me moving the air, working with a metronome, moving the air, sounding beautiful, moving the air, relearning to move my fingers on the right valves at the right time, moving the air... and did I mention moving the air? He's been a great help.

So thanks again for all I've received from TrumpetMaster so far and I look forward to receiving more and contributing, too.

Thanks,

2. joshuasullins

joshuasullins Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2005
    Silverdale, WA
    I am from Seattle... who are you studying with?

V/R
    Joshua Sullins

3. Rick P

Rick P New Friend

Nov 19, 2005
    Graham, WA
    Out of respect for his privacy I'm waiting to hear from my teacher before I release his name.

Thanks

4. Rick P

Rick P New Friend

Nov 19, 2005
    Graham, WA
    In answer to Joshua Sullins, my instructor is Mr. John Wells of Tacoma, WA.

John is a great help. He identified some foundational problems right away and has been working me through them. He's got a great teaching style that's very motivating. He's got me breathing much better and moving the air for what, I have no doubt, will become a great sound.

I highly recommend him.

Thanks,