Hello Mr. Manny

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trmpt_chica, Jun 22, 2006.

1. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    Well im back to give my monthly update! First off how are you all? Mr. Manny how is your family? Also how is (if i remeber right) your band?
    I love to hear how everyones been, its so much fun to hear! I see you as a great friend and Mentor and love updates!

well i am okay, pretty much....Our seniors left and it was quiet sad to see them go. the rest of us (who are not seniors) had to play at graduation, i started to tear up and cry. All the guys in the section think i cry too much so they all had brought tissue for me! :-P Well we found out that next year we our going to be running (practiclly) on the field. The music Belshazzar's feast has MANY tempo changes! It goes up to 200 beats! at one point drums will be going 150 and the band will come in at 90. All the tempo changes combined make it about 20 times we change tempos, we also change 20 times the key sig. (from like 3/4 to 12/8) So next year will be quiet hard. I just had a question about some dotted Sixteenth note to 30 sec. notes. Any one have a recording of those? it would help alot!
    oh and i have a steady Boyfriend of 2 months now. :oops: hehe...

May God Bless
    Chica

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dear Chica,

I always get a smile on my face when I see there's a post from you!

My family is very well. My daughter is at a string chamber music camp and my son is playing baseball and starting driver training. Seems impossible... I could swear he was just born yesterday. I'm sure your parents think the same thing when they see you with, ahem, your steady boyfriend.

I'm on vacation from the Minnesota Orchestra although I played a couple of solos with a local chamber orchestra. I played the concerto for trumpet by Neruda and also Trumpet Voluntary. I also recently auditioned the winds, brass, and percussion for next season's Youth Symphony. I, too, will miss the seniors that said goodbye to me at the end of their last concert. They played a piece called "Pictures at an Exhibition" by Moussorgky. I have a recording out of that piece if you want to hear me play it. There's a ton of trumpet stuff in that piece and I'm sure you'd like it. Or if you want to hear it free of charge you can go to mpr.org and look under the live performance archive of the Minnesota Orchestra. There's a live broadcast of us playing it. It's about at the halfway mark in the concert.

So, yes, I'm staying busy even though I'm on vacation.

Thanks for staying in touch and enjoy your summer.

Your friend,

ML

3. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Hello Manny,

Hope your summer is going well. Everything is fine on my end. We were really looking forward to making it out to Harriet Island last night for the Sinfonia concert.....unfortunately I could not get the night off. :cry: I am positive it was a great time and the weather did cooperate which is always a good thing. :D . At the sinfonia.org website they mentioned the works or pieces (not sure what the correct term is) that you would be performing. My question is when you rehearse with the sinfonia is it as intense as when you rehearse with the Mn Orchestra or is it a little more laid back? When will you be back from vacation...we all look forward to coming out again and seeing another great concert at Orchestra Hall.

Take care, Robert ;-)

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Robert,

Both the shows went very well, thanks. The folks at the shows received the Neruda very well especially the second movement which was as I hoped. It's one of the loveliest things for us to play, that movement.

It's a little more laid back, yes, working with Jay's group but not by much. Outdoor gigs always have that comfy feel to them but, you know how it is... you still gotta play the notes and I always do something to the music to add just a bit more pressure like tacking on an extra high note here and there just to maintain humility.

ML

5. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Said like a true egomaniac...er..principal trumpet. Why?....because I can!!! :D

Regards,

Trevor