Hello Trumpet Master!

Discussion in 'Introductions and Greetings' started by ozie24, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ozie24

ozie24 New Friend

Sep 8, 2009
    Jamaica
    Well, a big hello to everyone on trumpet master!

Ive been playing trumpet for about... 11 years now, tho i can only really say ive taken it seriously for the last 5.

Im living in Jamaica, tho im originally from Barbados (where i learnt to play)

Currently im playing a C.G. Conn 1BSP, and its fantastic... i was playing on a King student model for a long time, till my whole family got together and got the Vintage 1 for me... totally blew my mind...

also playing a jupiter flugelhorn.

um... what else.. i got most of my exposure playing in a school band, and at churches.

i would often be making searches online for different trumpet related info, and 9 times out of 10 i would find it in the trumpet master forums! so i finally decided to join up!

Looking forward to it!

Blessings,
    Ozie

2. RHSbigbluemarchingband

RHSbigbluemarchingband Mezzo Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    Welcome to TM, I joined for the same reason you did!

3. Firestas'1

Firestas'1 Piano User

Dec 21, 2006
    New Jersey
    Welcome Ozie!

I wish I lived in Jamaica!

4. ozie24

ozie24 New Friend

Sep 8, 2009
    Jamaica
    Thanks! Jamaica is nice, thats the truth... Just gotta be careful in certain areas... i prefer Barbados (my home) just getting involved in the music scene here tho, so its been pretty good. again, thanks for the welcome.

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Welcome to TrumpetMaster Ozie!

Enjoy your stay here!

6. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Welcome Ozie24 - You have come to the right place.

Wow! A Vintage1. That is a great horn. That should be more than enough motivation to continue taking this seriously and practicing regularly to keep improving. It should give you great 'street cred' in music circles there (the rest comes from being able to play up to speed with the groups that you join).

Good luck.