Hello's and introduction

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by YORK1, Nov 5, 2012.

1. YORK1

YORK1 New Friend

Nov 29, 2010
    Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself (After 2 years) theres probably a question in here somewhere too!

Im 26 years old and live in York. Ive played on and off for about 15 years (mostly off except for the last 2) never played infront of anyone (except my trumpet teacher) and incredibly shy :S.

I'm OK at reading music (the notes at least) but want to get better and maybe get confident enough to play infront of people-Is skype feasible?

I've a fairly eclectic taste in terms of musics but my ability keeps me at the simpler end of tunes, although over the last year Ive tried to cover some songs from Youtube but there not particulary good.

My life doesnt lend itself to finding like-minded people hence why Im here, it'd be great to find someone to talk to who doesnt just ask me to to be quiet :(

Anyway, got the courage to say hi, not sure of forum ettiquete so apologies of any bloopers.

:)

2. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    :welcome::welcome::welcome: (even though you've been here awhile)!!

3. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Welcome!

4. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Welcome to TM, York1!

Don't be afraid of bloopers--most of us are willing to barge in where Angels dare to tread, and the community here is very tolerant, forgiving and sometimes silly. The Moderators try to make it a safe community, and some of the members actually know some great stuff about trumpet.

Have fun!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  5. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Skype is feasible, and welcome! We hope to see your confidence and playing grow during your time here :)

6. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    Welcome aboard...

7. bachstradivarius

bachstradivarius New Friend

Sep 27, 2012
    KY
    Welcome and looking forward to chatting with you here about this magnificent instrument we all love.

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    G'day Yorky, :welcome: to TM.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Great!! We will get along just well as I am a lack-minded people. You will surely tolerate me. A long delayed welcome to TM.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yeah!! what he said ROFL ROFL ROFL