Hello's and introduction

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by YORK1, Nov 5, 2012.

1. papacker

papacker New Friend

May 21, 2012
    Just Curious, Which York do you live in?
    York, England ?
    York, PA ?
    York, SC?

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Welcome from the Eastern "boonies" of North Carolina USA and where Jaguars roam ( the local high school athletic teams ). All you need is PT to play a trumpet well, and by this I do not mean Physical Training (albeit it helps) but Persistance & Tenacity, and may I add enjoyment.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    York ME
    York NE
    and York County VA

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Welcome:oops:

5. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    Welcome, now tell us which York you are reppin'!

6. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Ah at last a local, I'm not that far from you (20 miles, I assume York UK) and I don't bite. What are you playing on at the moment. Watch it Down Under the Yorkies are coming. Have you thought of joining one of the York based bands, most of them could lend you a cornet if you needed one and there is the York Concert band where you could play trumpet. If you are interested in that idea let me know and I'll give you a few ideas. Who is your teacher? it could be I have heard of them.

Cheers

Andy

After All that I hope it is the original Eboracum / Jorvik

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  7. YORK1

YORK1 New Friend

Nov 29, 2010
    Thanks for all your replies and apologies for the delay!!

In all honesty Im feeling a little down, its my birthday and beyond my mum and dad this is the only place that rememberd!! (auto-email-or very, very personal service)

In any case I'd like to play my trumpet but I want something different that inspires me. I've recently started trying to improvise a little more (Skyfall my latest bodge, previously Jeff Buckley Hallelujah and some Bill Withers stuff) hopefully will indicate my ability (ergo lack of) So ideas my way please :)

I was thinking what would make for excellent birthday might sounds silly but I think playing my trumpet to someone who wants to listen, or better still someone who wants to play with me, I think that would be most inspirational.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Post a play, and play away... It will be our birthday present from you...

Happy birthday son... from your other "Dad"

9. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Happy Birthday York1. Now please put us out of our misery which York. If its the right one we might be able to get together for a jam

A

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Jam and Crumpets... or Jam with Trumpets... You Brits always confuse me... Geesh Gad I wish all the world could be Australian!