Hello's and introduction

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by YORK1, Nov 5, 2012.

1. YORK1

YORK1 New Friend

Nov 29, 2010
    DO'H! I didnt realise there was a second page :(.

It must have looked like I was keeping you in anticipation. Im from York England. My trumpet teacher was a Mr Warley. (Really nice guy, feel as though I let him down somehow)

I have had huge confidence issues, I went to play with York Jazz band at Milthorpe a couple of times but was just too shy :(

I love the idea of jamming, but I think I have have overstated my abilities hehehe. I could competently tap the beat but couldnt competently play with a good person (and trumpet player!)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Okay so I'm from Holme on Spalding Moor (was that Derek Warley, conducted the Golden Rail and RI for a bit I know of him) We are 20 miles apart. PM me and we might be able to get together although I will warn you I'm more cornet than trumpet and can be a bit classically minded.

Cheers

Andrew

3. YORK1

YORK1 New Friend

Nov 29, 2010
    PM on its way :)

Mr Worley was kind enough when my parents stopped lessons to provide me with a new trumpet. (Ultra Sonic - never found much information on it except (http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f139/olds-superstar-ultrasonic-60188.html) think my parents paid a nominal sum for it. Unfortunately I had a house fire a few years ago and it was under my bed and got destroyed (whood'a thought) Took me a year or so after that to get a very cheap one which I still use today, although intend to save up and get a new one.

I have had a stab at classical music and play a couple of the Arban Cornet Method pieces(I've had this book since i was 15 and never realised it said Cornet Method until I looked just now) although not the variations. (Speed is just too much for me)

Thanks for your posts everyone, cheered me up. :)

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Cheer you up?? aren't we suppossed to say "cheerio, ole chap? or wait, that must be "cheerio, young lad" -- you Englishmen, such a very confusing language to get a handle on --- but alas, you have the Aussies to look to for good grammar ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. dorkdog

dorkdog Pianissimo User

Oct 14, 2012
    Pencil-Tucky
    Greetings and welcome! I am from York also - York Pennsylvania!

6. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Th'as nay a wrang lad KT but appen tha can't get us reet. Gan a bit nothads and tha'll be mair fuddled up.