Help, advertising a new live band

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by FlugelFlyer, May 5, 2005.

1. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    I've been with a band for a year now that's capable of and ready to actively gig out. I'd like to get us some paid gigs over the summer doing block parties and other such events. I saw an online database of bands called gigmasters.com, but if anyone knows of any other means, please drop a line. Our greatest strength is as a live band, and doing party gigs would suit our style well, so any leads are appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Mike, one of four members of Vacilador

(wow, I'm talented with the cut & paste :oops: )

2. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Well, first off, welcome to the neighboorhood. Secondly, what type of band/music are we talking about? and Thirdly, it might help some of us if we knew where abouts the country your band is... Take care and good luck.

3. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    The band I'm in is based out of the Chicago, IL area and is primarily an improvisational multigenre jam band, so pretty much everything played is at the moment. I'm looking at a few sites to host our sound files like purevolume.com and building a website to advertise ourselves initially. We'll see how it goes from there.

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    FF-
    You might want to try posting on Craigslist (craigslist.com). It's free, so it can't hurt, and you don't even have to register.
    Good luck,
    Jimi

5. Yoder

Yoder Piano User

Aug 2, 2004
    Digital Domain
    Staple posters on telephone poles? :dontknow: