Help finding trumpet solo: Teddy Roosevelt, An American Lion DVD from History Channel

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Randall Nelson, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Randall Nelson

Randall Nelson Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State
    Hi All,
    Has anyone ever successfully found or know the short trumpet segment in the History Channel documentary on Teddy Roosevelt: An American Lion. I heard it while watching the DVD and it sounded like a King Liberty so wanted to play it on my old 1929.

I've had no luck finding the music..no mention of the orchestra or soloist anywhere on the DVD.
    Does anyone know this piece and is able to help me.

I have an Ipod (m4a and mp3 format) recording of it...but can't seem to attach it. Any help here would be helpful. I can email it to anyone if they want to listen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Randall Nelson

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State
    Re: Help finding trumpet solo: Teddy Roosevelt, An American Lion DVD from History Cha

Hi All,
    Haven't given up on finding this. Here is the main theme played on a you tube. The main trumpet/cornet playing that I'm interested in begins at 43 seconds into the piece. I recognize it but can't remember the name...nor find it on the credits to the DVD from the History Channel DVD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxpnb7ZxHFU&feature=related

If anyone recognizes this, please post it or ping me with a PM.
    Thanks,
    Randy

3. Randall Nelson

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State
    Re: Help finding trumpet solo: Teddy Roosevelt, An American Lion DVD from History Cha

I gave up..I'll figure something else out.. It shows correct as the image but appends the title of the thread to the image:evil:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  4. Randall Nelson

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State
    Ignore please unless the music uploads

x

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. Randall Nelson

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State

ok...beautiful theory slain by an ugly fact..somehow I have got to get the jpg of the little melody to not combine with the title and blow up the link.

I'll think about it after the Okocim Porter...duuhh