help! help! help!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by AutumnLeaves, Jun 23, 2008.

1. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Ok, I'll up the ante - I'll give you 12 bucks and pay the freight - your bid Morris. (Welllll, it's serviceable now - and worth the extra 2 bucks - surely?).

regards,

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    We need to get you a trumpet avatar

3. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    I was hoping that I would get a 50 percent discount because of my "sparkling personality".

Surely my being "too cute for words" must be worth *something*?

- Morris

4. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

Yeah, tr200 is a good model, I played it for a couple of years (including last year when I had my strad in the shop for a valve alignment)
    It still plays and was in some ways more open :dontknow:

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Well, now you're on to something. Of course it is you! With that attitude you'll go far, I am sure.
    Now that it is working, pull the valves up and make a note of which way the numbers face. You will have to occasionally remove them for cleaning and you'll want to get 'em back in correctly. If you practice taking them out and putting them back in a few times you'll get the hang of it. When they are out be careful - the sides can be scratched easily. When putting them back in they won't need to be pushed down - just a little jiggling and they'll drop into place.
    Play on!

6. AutumnLeaves

AutumnLeaves New Friend

Jun 23, 2008
    how about i just keep my trumpet? :-) sounds like a good idea to me. hehe.

i've already noted which way my valves face. :-P so now i won't be totally freaked out about that issue. i probably will about something else though. lol. my a is coming out funny though, so something must be wrong with my first or second valve. i'll have to play around with it. haha.

and i think my avatar is just fine. :-)

7. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Piano User

Apr 28, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    I have to agree about the TR200 being a nice horn. My nephew has one and while I was at their house one 4th of July for a party, my brothers started getting out guitars and saxophones. I snagged my nephew's tr200 and played it all night. It really played well, I was very surprised.

8. Smirnus

Smirnus New Friend

Jun 24, 2008
    The O.C., CA
    Try the alternate fingering with 3rd valve only. Lets you use the valve slide if needed and don't have to be precise with 1st and 2nd valves together.

9. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

Usually the problem with an A (or any note fingered 1&2) is that it is sharp, so playing with it as just 3rd valve will not solve the problem, it will make it worse
    Using the slides will help

10. AutumnLeaves

AutumnLeaves New Friend

Jun 23, 2008

it's not that it's sharp, it's just not coming out. :dontknow: